Getting repeats of Daily Show

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tivarino, Sep 3, 2007.

1. tivarino

tivarino New Member

Dec 21, 2003

Advertisements

This is a problem I have had since I started recording DS. Because it is on several times a day and the guide info doesn't seem to have detail, I get several copies of DS recorded. I have it set to 'first run only', but get reruns as well. Other than setting the Tivo to record by time and channel, is there any way to only get one copy of the current days show?

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Nope.

Common problem with that show (among others, particularly on Comedy Central).

Either set up a manual recording, or check your todo list and remove the repeats before they record.

phox

3. tivarino

tivarino New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Oh well, I'll deal.

Thanks

4. JacksTiVo

JacksTiVo TiVo User since 2001

Jan 7, 2006
    New Jersey
    During the Daily Show's vacation week(s) I change the Season Pass option to only save at most 1 episode. This way I don't have to delete the multiple recordings and the recordings do not load up my hard drive space.

I use it as a place holder and when they return from vacation I revise my SP to save at most 4 episodes of "first run only", a week's supply of shows.

5. jayfest

jayfest Not-so-New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Just thought I'd mention that your "save only 1 episode" suggestion works only if you are always completely up to date on watching The Daily Shows you have recorded. If you are a few episodes behind, this is not a solution.

6. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I used to not record the Daily Show because of this, but I finally bit the bullet and now wouldn't miss the show. I have mine set to record first run only and keep 4. Then each Sunday I go through the now playing list and delete the Monday repeats. Usually by the end of Monday the rest of the week has good guide data and it only gets recorded at 11pm.