Getting Remote To Turn TV & Receiver On/Off

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by michael1248, Feb 2, 2012.

1. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Just switched from a Denon to an Onkyo receiver and the best I can do is get the remote to work the volume and mute on the receiver and power OFF the TV.

I seem to recall there was a shortcut for the remote to control both the TV and AV receiver ON/OFF function.

2. Krellion

Krellion ...

May 17, 2002
    Hampton, VA
    Follow the directions for programming the TV, but use the receiver's code instead. Then the power button will do as you want.

3. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I have an Onkyo receiver and mine uses different codes for turning the unit off and on. If I turn the power off using the remote I have to manully turn it back on from the button on the receiver. What I have been doing is pressing the mute button on the Tivo remote to turn the sound off and then press the power button to turn the TV off.
    I havent read any work arounds for the problem.

4. darock159

darock159 New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    If you have one of the learning glow remotes you can learn the power on/off button for up to three devices. My receiver has separate codes for on and off so I set the power button to turn on both the tv and receiver, and the input button I changed to the power off code. There are directions to do this on the Tivo website