Get Tivo to add local channel guide data

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by magnus, Apr 9, 2010.

1. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas

Advertisements

There are several new channels in the Dallas area. How do I get Tivo to add the guide data for those? is there a place to suggest it? Does anyone know the link?

2. pops_porter

pops_porter Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    There is a link somewhere on the website, but the one time I used it I got a response a week or so later and nothing ever got fixed.

I called customer service, and this nice lady had the guide data corrected within a few business days, I was impressed.

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Let me see if I can find the link at tivo.com .

It's not that hard to find, but the computer I have it stored on isn't working right now.

Will post again with the link.

4. ldc3000

ldc3000 Member

Jun 24, 2004
    NC
    I had an issue where I needed them to update the guide and it took a long time. After the digital switch my local Fox station added another channel with a different digital frequency. Tivo had the guide information on the channel with no picture. It took a couple of months and several phones calls, but it finally got corrected. Now I another sub channel that I need them to update, but I just don't have the time to devote to it.

5. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...

Advertisements

Most of the new channels in Dallas require a tuning adapter as they are on SDV. They won't have tuning adapters available until at least the end of May. (See this thread.) Here's a list I got from TWC:

The new services listed below cannot be accessed on CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Products purchased at retail without additional, two-way capable equipment.
    AMC HD to Digital Basic HD Channel 773*
    BET HD to Expanded Basic HD Channel 749*
    Comedy Central HD to Expanded Basic HD Channel 746*
    Encore HD to Movie Tier HD Channel 796*
    FOX Soccer Channel HD to Digital Basic HD Channel 791*
    HLN HD to Expanded Basic HD Channel 739*
    MTV HD to Expanded Basic HD Channel 747*
    Palladia to Expanded Basic HD Channel 748*
    Spike HD to Expanded Basic HD Channel 767*
    The Movie Channel HD to Premium HD Channel 848*
    * HD Television and HD set-top box required to receive HD service.

6. cogx

cogx Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Report a Lineup Issue

You probably know this, but TiVo relies on Tribune Media Services for guide data, so their report tool is really a way for them to know they have to report such discrepancies to TMS. That's why the process can take anywhere from a few days to ... well, months.