George Floyd protests

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by HarleyRandom, May 31, 2020.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Are any schedule changes going to be announced in advance or do we have to wait and see what happens? Two of the three hours of ABC shows last night were replaced with news coverage, which of course was not reflected in the schedule that continued to be shown. I don't even know what happened on other networks because I live in a market where Big 3 network programming for the whole night was lost to local protests, though the ABC affiliate that actually does better with an antenna and is not on my cable system didn't do any local coverage but stayed with the network.

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    I think you used a bad thread title. With everything that is going on you are worried about unannounced disruptions to the TV schedule?

jsmeeker likes this.
  3. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    No schedule can predict when breaking news will interrupt regular programming, especially local news.

Last-minute schedule changes include announced specials such as this one for tonight:

"I Can't Breathe: Black Men Living and Dying in America" on CNN, Don Lemon leads a discussion on the inequalities and injustices people of color face in America. (2hrs)

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's in my TE3 and TE4 guides.

5. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    What title would you suggest? "George Floyd protests might mean schedule changes"?

I just assumed some networks might decide to have special programming about it. We'd want to know if those were announced in advance, or prepare for the possibility.

And as for disruptions to the schedule, I think all of us would rather escape all of what is going on. I'm not in a specific location where anything is happening. There were still bulletins about local protests in my market.

mattack likes this.
  6. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    I forgot to come here in time to let anyone know. I looked up last night's ABC schedule and saw that "The Last Dance" was not going to record at 8:00. Episode 4 had recorded last week but it was actually an ABC special report on the prtoests.

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Even after 9/11 people talked about this. I think you're going overboard.