Genius on NGC

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JoeKustra, May 12, 2017.

1. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Ok, this may get fixed, but it sure is ironic.

A 1P for the series will not pick up more episodes. Something is messed up in the data coming from TiVo since both Screener and tvguide.com are correct. Since there is no data for late night next week yet there is a chance for correction.

chicagobrownblue likes this.
  2. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    It's the damned seriesId problem again.

3. webminster

webminster Member TCF Club

Dec 12, 2016
    Looking ahead, I see the new episodes 4 and 5 in the Guide. Not covered by the original 1P. Seemingly it's so messed up that a new additional 1P for episode 4 doesn't pick up E5, and another 1P would be needed to cover that one. What part of "one-pass" do they not understand? :)

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    New eps not in search either. Search only yields ep 3, while already aired, shows about a half dozen repeats as "new".

The incompetence after all these months is flat unbelievable. They need to steal an exec from Gracenotes or whatever it's called and try to right the ship.

5. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005

Advertisements

Genius now has 3 seriesIds:

On Tuesday, 5/16:

05:45pm S01E01 seriesId = SH0165939507
    07:00pm S01E02 seriesId = SH0165939507
    08:00pm S01E03 seriesId = SH0165939507
    09:00pm S01E04 seriesId = SH0347732961

On Tuesday, 5/23:

09:00pm S01E05 seriesId = SH0346934407

Complain, complain, complain. Contact support, use Twitter, use Facebook, email margret@tivo.com

6. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    You know what? I've been trying to play nice with TiVo, but it clearly isn't working. I was given the Executive Customer Support number and wasn't going to give it out, but I'm tired of this shite and the number is posted elsewhere in the forum, anyway. (Premiere XL Stuck Clearing & Deleting)

If you're tired of talking to folks in the Philippines that waste your time with useless trouble-shooting steps and get nothing done, call +1 877 561 4567. Go through the path where you know the name of the person you want to talk to -- it'll list the names -- and just pick a name you like by pressing 1 or 2. It's a group mailbox, anyway, if nobody answers.

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    At least with the ones that had impacted us before the ones with the wrong SeriesId numbers were generally farther out (like E05) and resolved before they got to close to the recording date, but E04 is only 2 days out.

That does tend to point to these only getting fixed due to reports from users here versus any internal processes. :(

Scott

8. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I got a response from the executive support guys and they understand my explanation of what's going on. I also got a response from the email support folks, suggesting that I repeat guided setup. I send this in response, copying TiVoMargaret:

All,

When the hell will TiVo stop suggesting people waste their time repeating guided setup for well-known problems that exist only in the TiVo mothership? This response should read:
    --------------------------------
    Dear Sinanju,

We are sorry you are experiencing this problem again after we promised that we had made an update to fix it. We have notified engineering that it has reappeared. Until a new patch is applied, we will manually correct the data

Sheepishly,

Rovi/TiVo
    ------------------------------
    This situation is has gone so far beyond unacceptable the laws of physics as we know them no longer apply.​

9. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Unfrelling believable! I reported this problem on the TiVo Support forum and this is the response I received:

10. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i noticed this last night, and attempted (unsuccessfully) to correct by deleting the old 1p and recreating a new one using tonight's episode. when that failed, i scheduled manual recordings for the next 2 airings, and i'm sure i now have permanently wrecked my 1p...seriously unbelievable.

11. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    What I would do if I were you is use one the other episodes airing tonight to re-create the original 1P. That way, if they fix the problem, you're covered.

12. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    great idea, will do - thanks! :up:

13. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Genius has been fixed... all episodes are now appearing with the same seriesId. You may need to force a connection to get the updated data.

14. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    UPDATE: I said that, but they picked the wrong seriesId. Tonight's episode is not going to the same folder as the others.

15. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Interesting since my old 1P picked the change up. And the 1P finds all the old episodes on an Upcoming search.

Add: I recovered an old episode and it is in the same folder as the show that is recording right now.

16. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Did on mine. And it has a seriesId of SH0165939507. I think it probable that you didn't get the updated data in time.

17. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Actually, it's weird and probably a caching issue. The TiVo UI is showing tonight's out of the folder, but kmttg is showing them all together.

18. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    kmttg's grouping is based on title, not seriesId.

19. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Hm... IDs are different. Maybe because I set it up as a manual recording?

20. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    That appears to be so. I recorded it on two different TiVos. The one that had an existing 1P got the correct seriesId. The one where I set it to record the episode when the data was still bad did not.