General SP Problems

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JohnDG, Oct 1, 2006.

1. JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004

Advertisements

General Comment:

Over the last few weeks, I've been running into more "episode not scheduled to record" guide problems than I have seen in the 5? years that I've owned DTiVos. These include DH, GA, MiT, and a couple of others. In ALL cases there were no conflicts: that is, when I manually selected the episodes to record -- there were no conflicts reported. I've had problems on both my SD and HD TiVos. It seems to be restricted to primetime network programming.

I'd recommend a regular review of one's upcoming recordings until this settles down.

jdg

2. PeternJim

PeternJim New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    I've seen a bit of this, but only with the episodes that have just shown up at the border of the two week data window -- the stuff that got downloaded overnight doesn't seem to register with the software for a day or two -- but then it eventually does, if I haven't already manually corrected it.

Is there such a pattern to the shows you are finding aren't recording?

3. itstrue

itstrue No, really

Dec 20, 2004
    It took me a while to figure out your shorthand (I don't think Men In Trees is popular enough yet to be known as "MiT" :)), but ABC has been adding and subtracting a minute or two from those shows in a matter of days, so a daily check of the to do list and recording history is in order, for sure.

4. bwaldron

bwaldron New Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Brandon, FL
    I've seen a little of this lately as well on my HR10-250. As you noted, it seems to happen w/ shows near the far border of the guide window, and the to-do list gets updated after a day or two.

5. jaydro

jaydro Senior Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Durham, NC

Advertisements

Plus DH and GA had recap specials that got introduced into the guide as new series and then somehow got some regular episodes snagged into the new series ID as well.

6. JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004
    No pattern that I can see. Yes: I notice that sometimes shows drop out of the "to do" list due to updates to the guide. This is especially true for the 80-89 HD channels. But these pop back in within a day. I'm referring to shows that aren't in the SP listing, but either are in the "upcoming episodes" list for the SP a few days before and still are not slated to record, or are not coded for the SP correctly.

This thread is more of a "more problems than I've ever seen in 5 years for TiVo guide data" notice.

jdg

7. davidk

davidk New Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have a HR10-250 and I've been getting these same kind of missing episodes issues since 6.3a. However, some of the missing episodes are not at the border of the two-week data window.

I have a season pass for Help Me Help You on 87 (ABCW HD) and I had to force the recording (went to View Recording History in the To Do List and scanned forward to that show, then went to More Recording Options and forced it to record). However, if I go to View Upcoming Showings, it shows no shows at all on any ABC channel, SD or HD. As I write this, my HD Tivo still hasn't found next Tuesday's episode. My SP has recorded this program correctly in the past. This has also happened at different times to various programs on CBS, NBC, and Fox HD channels, with no discernable pattern. I've only seen this issue with HD channels 80-89.

Normally what I should find when I look at the upcoming showings in the season pass are the next two showings, and there are usually four listings for each episode (using LA ABC as an example, 7 LA7, 7-1 KABCDT, 387 ABCW, and 87 ABCW). What I've been finding since 6.3a is that I don't always get the 87 ABCW showing (and sometimes some of the other showings are missing) which is what my season pass is on.

One last thing - I've noticed that I've been having more trouble lately with my service data downloads. I might get a successful attempt every other or third day. I now reboot my Tivo anytime it doesn't show a successful completion so that it will retry the download. Also, the issues I mentioned above still exist after a successful attempt.

I've tried rerunning Guided Setup besides rebooting. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

--David