Geeze please tell me it is not already borken

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tonyonlinux, Jan 1, 2006.

1. tonyonlinux

tonyonlinux New Member

Dec 11, 2005
    I got a TX20 for xmas and went to burn a DVD today and the screen started flickering then the whole unit restarted. Is this some kinda error that is known? Is there a fix for it? I have noticed several people talking about the tivos not burning correctly.

Please help this absolutely sucks. :thumbsdown: :(

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Were you using DVD-R blank disk? Will not work with DVD+R's.

3. tonyonlinux

tonyonlinux New Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Yeah only using blank -r's what is strange is I took and burned 7 That '70s show episodes right after it restarted. Tried to turn around and record 2 episodes of monk that took up a whole dvd and it gets to about 50 plus percent then it says save failed internal error. I have noticed on the forum that others have been having this problem but I thought 7.2.1 was suppose to fix it. Obviously I missed the boat or the boat sunk one.

4. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Got your PM but I have not messed around with burning DVD's on Humax to be of any help. I have read that you should make sure you are using good quality DVD blanks. The cheap no name brands are supposedly hit or miss when recording.

5. chasesteph

chasesteph New Member

Jan 19, 2006
    I have the exact same problem. Mine has worked for the past 3 months and I had burned about 12 DVD's so far. I tried today for the first time since before Christmas, using the same DVD's that I have used in the past and got an internal error message after about 95% of the DVD recorded 3 straight times.
    I read on another post that someone just simply turned theirs off and on and it worked again. I am going to try that and see how it works. Someone else siad that they were sent a whole new TIVO. I am recording shows to send to my husband in Iraq and it would really suck if I have to wate a few weeks trying to get a new TIVO and lose all the shows I have recorded for him in the past 2 weeks.
    If anyone has any other suggestions, please help!! :confused:

6. tonyonlinux

tonyonlinux New Member

Dec 11, 2005
    One thing if your husband is in Iraq and has internet (other than dialup) you might want to give him the option to streem from your computer to his via the internet. It is free and I use it a lot while on the road. What you do is go to dvreverywhere.com and signup for a free orb account then download the orb software. Run the orb software and your tivo-desktop software on the same system. What happens then is your husband can login to your orb account online and it will access your tivo for him listing all the shows on the box and he can simply click play and the movie will buffer in windows media player and play for him.

Hopefully this will help you out. As for the the problem mentioned above I resolved mine. Not sure if this was the cause but I deleted alot of content off the tivo and then the burns were successful. My thought is it didn't have enough cache space to store the temp data needed do the burn.