Geez, How Long Does TiVo Take to Issue a Refund???

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by Robert Simandl, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Robert Simandl

Robert Simandl Member

Jan 16, 2004

Advertisements

FedEx tracking shows TiVo received my TiVo Stream 4K return 5/21. They finally got around to acknowledging they received it on 6/18. As of 6/27, still haven't issued a refund.

2. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    so call them.

3. Robert Simandl

Robert Simandl Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Called TiVo 6/28, they said it's coming. As of 7/22, still no refund. On 7/23 I filed a dispute with my credit card. My bank refunded my money with zero help from TiVo.

4. samsauce29

samsauce29 Active Member TCF Club

Nov 30, 2007
    Erie, PA
    I returned a TiVo stream in May and immediately got the refund for full price.

Two months later, I received an email from TiVo thanking me for my return and saying they would credit my card.

So, as always with TiVo, it's a mess. In my case, just glad I got the money!

Robert Simandl likes this.
  5. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004

Advertisements

so call them. We are not them. My guess would be within 30 days of acknowledging the return.

6. Robert Simandl

Robert Simandl Member

Jan 16, 2004
    I did call them. They were not helpful. So I filed a dispute and got my money back without their help. You may not be them, but you're about as helpful as they were.

mschnebly likes this.
  7. rczrider

rczrider Active Member

May 15, 2020
    I set up the return for mine in early June. I was credited the full amount the day after I initiated the RMA, but before I had even dropped the TS4K off with FedEx. I figure we're good.

5 weeks later, I get an email from TiVo saying they just received my TS4K (which probably means they just got around to processing it) and that I'll be refunded 75% of what I paid. I still haven't seen any charges or refunds back to my card, but it's only been 4-5 days.