Games?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Fan1968, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Fan1968

Fan1968 New Member

Sep 10, 2007

Advertisements

Hi All,

Well, got my TiVo hooked up! Bloody brilliant I say! Setup was a breeze. Just selected my cable company and you're up and running after a couple of minutes. I've been playing SameGame for a bit now, which isn't bad at all.. Kinda lags once in a while though. My wife loves it though. Any other games out there that are worth checking out?

(Tivo)Fan1968

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
  3. Fan1968

Fan1968 New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    That's awesome! I'll give that a whirl tonight! Thanks!

-(TiVo)Fan1968

4. Fan1968

Fan1968 New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Hi All!

Checked out PlayTeeVee yesterday. Not bad! Not bad at all!

I hope they stick around and do more games. I think that's one of the things that makes a TiVo different from all the other DVR's, which is exactly why I bought mine! w00t!

If you're reading this, keep it coming guys! :D

(TiVo)Fan1968

5. mportuesi

mportuesi As seen on TV

Nov 10, 2002
    San...

Advertisements

I think it's neat that you can get games on the TiVo. But holding it up as a key attraction doesn't make sense. If you like games, there's game consoles from Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft which do a MUCH better job of playing games than the stuff that's available on TiVo.

6. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    for me it is more the extension of the HME app in general that I like. PlayTeeVee has shown a lot of promise working within the "long in the tooth" HME framework we have now.

Come on TiVo - put some resources back on the HME framework and give us some stuff to do with it

7. Solver

Solver New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    How come everytime I blast one of those puzzle invaders, five more show up?

:rolleyes: :) :eek:
    :) :D :p ;)

8. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Hi There!

Good to see people are enjoying our games! We're still hard at work to improve / expand our service. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line or visit our forum.

As for Puzzle Invaders, that's one of the mechanisms to ramp up difficulty. You might also have noticed that you get 'row-ups' MORE frequently and Nukes LESS frequently! :)

-The PlayTeeVee Team

9. Fan1968

Fan1968 New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Even though the PlayTeeVee games aren't like an XBOX or a PS2 ( not even close ), it's kinda cool you can just pick up your remote and play something mind-numbing, like Puzzle Invaders or something.

10. Lori S

Lori S New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    How do I get PlayTeeVee on my series 3?

11. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
  12. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    PlayTeeVee is dead, alas. However, there are still a few third-party games available via http://apps.tv/ , which you should check out. Go there for instructions.

13. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
  14. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Dunno about spyware, but it's been taken over by domain squatters. They watch for domains to expire, then pounce on them, hoping to exploit people who forgot to renew. In the meantime, they take advantage of their well-linked URL to game search engines. Scum.

I've seen that cute girl with the backpack on so many sites...