Galleon will not connect anymore!

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by mfrns0123, Jan 19, 2006.

1. mfrns0123

mfrns0123 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Chicago

Advertisements

I have a problem , I have been using Galleon for quite a long time now, doing all the upgrades and everything has worked great. For some reason I cannot connect to my tivo anymore. I installed a couple of Bittorrent clients on the other day, those were the only changes I made to the computer. I have since uninstalled Bittorrent clients, restored my computer to last week, and even reinstalled Galleon and Java. NO luck!

When I open Galleon it hangs up and says, error "could not connect to server"
    I cannot even get into the properties menu, each time I try it tries to connect to server.

One last note, I checked the Tivo, network is ok, Tivo has IP address and I can even use the Tivo desktop.......Anyone have any suggestions Please

Here is the log file:

2. thezoo

thezoo New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Roll back to version 1.8.0 and see if you can get it to work.

--Bill

3. mfrns0123

mfrns0123 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Chicago
    Not sure if rolling back will help, everything worked fine in 2.1.0 up till a few days ago, but I will give it a try.

4. javahmo

javahmo New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Make sure that the IP address configured in the Galleon configuration GUI File/Properties menu is correct.
    Also make sure that all of the ports required for Galleon to work are configured in your PC firewall software:
    http://galleon.tv/content/view/36/47/

5. mfrns0123

mfrns0123 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Chicago

Advertisements

Got it to work again! Thanks Leon

6. Maynard1

Maynard1 New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Arkansas
    I'm having the same problem right now, even when I turn the firewall off. How did you get to the File/Properties menu without it trying to connect to the server?

7. mfrns0123

mfrns0123 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Chicago
    I had to do a complete reinstall.... uninstall from "add remove programs" in control panel and reinstall 2.1.0. This is the only way I could get it to work. Something was corrupted, I was doing a install over the same version before with no luck. The only problem was I had to reenter all of my preferences again... Hope this helps, ..Mike

8. Maynard1

Maynard1 New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Arkansas
    So far, so good.