Galleon: Where are the LYRICS?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by mwecksell, Dec 20, 2006.

1. mwecksell

mwecksell New Member

Jan 19, 2005

Advertisements

So I'm using galleon for the first time in many months and now, when using the music app, when I hit the "info" button to get lyrics, none of them are found.

Is lyrictracker<dot>com still running? Is Leon going to update the app to pull from another site? Am I doing something wrong (vis a vis NAT or firewall stuff)?

---matt

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Hmmm, I hadn't noticed, but now that you mention it, it does look like lyrictracker.com is down ... you just get a default Apache web page. :(

Leon stopped developing Galleon some time ago ... I don't think we'll see an update any time soon.

That being said ... it is written in java, so someone else might be able to point the API elsewhere.

3. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm in the middle of updating the galleon music app for HD and it looks like lyrictracker is STILL down. That's one of the last parts I need to update. Are there any alternatives?

David

4. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    nevermind, I found a different source (autolyrics.com) and added it. I think the music app is just about done for HD. On to pictures...

David

5. ACraigL

ACraigL Member

Feb 12, 2003

Advertisements

Bit of a hijack, but the movies app does not seem to update either (at least for me).

6. minckster

minckster New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Manhattan NYC
  7. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    minckster, Nice article. Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that's why it's down. The new site I found seems to based in Argentina looking at the domain whois information. And the site is quick. So hopefully they'll stay up. I still have code in there to fallback to lyric tracker just in case, but I doubt it will work again.

ACraigL, I saw a release note in 2.4.1 from john saying he fixed movies parsing. Is it broken again? I'm probably going to do a makeover on pictures first before digging into the others, but I'll do movies next. Maybe I'll test out movies and see what it does though.

8. ajayabb

ajayabb Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Moorestown NJ
    Dave, is there an easy way to switch to autolyrics.com for those of us still running Galleon 2.3

9. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Not really, it's a code change to parse the new site in a different format. And just taking the music app out of 2.4 won't work because there are things in the galleon.jar that have changed too.

10. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    ACraigL, I just tested the movie app and I can see movie times for my area. What are you entering in for the city, state and zip?

11. ACraigL

ACraigL Member

Feb 12, 2003
    s2kdave,

Fort Washington, PA 19034

I had the move app removed for some time since it was not working, but re-enabled it based on the new version parsing being corrected. It seemed to work for a while, but the data is no longer refreshing -- roughly 5-7 weeks stale if I had to guess.