Galleon on Intel Mac?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by MT-Hand, Jul 10, 2010.

1. MT-Hand

MT-Hand New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Does anyone have Galleon 2.5.5 running on an Intel Mac and/or OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard)??

I had it working great on my G5 iMac... until the mac became narcoleptic (bad logic board). Just got a new Macbook Pro with Core2Duo and Snow Leopard (10.6.4), and restored my user accounts from Time Machine backup. Now Galleon Server appears to start, but then immediately quits.

Is there an incompatibility, or does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

2. acitrano

acitrano New Member

May 13, 2009
    I have the same problem; would be eager to find out if you solved it. Thanks.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I have no experience with Galleon on the Mac, but on Windows and Linux. Is there anything in the wrapper.log or log.txt files?

4. EUner

EUner New Member

Jul 5, 2008
    I have Galleon working on MBP 13 intel Core2duo and on Asus P6T core i7 hackintosh - OS 10.6.4. No installation or setup issues. Sorry can't offer insight into your issue, but it does work on intel - at least for me.

5. MT-Hand

MT-Hand New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    I contacted John by email, and his response (below) got me back on line:

John Kohl to Mt-Hand

Try reinstalling Galleon. One of the install steps used to copy the java launcher stub, you might need to refresh that to match the new runtime on the new OS.
    % file /Applications/Galleon/Galleon\ Server.app/Contents/MacOS/galleon_java_stub
    /Applications/Galleon/Galleon Server.app/Contents/MacOS/galleon_java_stub: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
    /Applications/Galleon/Galleon Server.app/Contents/MacOS/galleon_java_stub (for architecture ppc): Mach-O executable ppc
    /Applications/Galleon/Galleon Server.app/Contents/MacOS/galleon_java_stub (for architecture i386): Mach-O executable i386
    /Applications/Galleon/Galleon Server.app/Contents/MacOS/galleon_java_stub (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

If you've got Galleon 2.5 or later, reinstalling without uninstalling should preserve the database of shows. If you do lose the database, though, you won't lose the actual shows--you can reset the Go-back directories and it will find them, although it will lose some of the metadata, IIRC.

Thanks again John!

NOTE: Reinstalling over the top of my old copy didn't work. But deleting the old one and then reinstalling did the trick.

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Glad he was able to help ... I probably wouldn't have been able to figure that particular problem out.

7. ae6dx

ae6dx New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    MT-Hand how do you refresh the Java launcher stub? I'm on 10.6.7 and the Galleon server app crashes on launch.