Galleon on DTivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by shredhead, Aug 9, 2007.

1. shredhead

shredhead Guest

Oct 14, 2003

Advertisements

Has anyone gotten Galleon to work on a DTivo?

My needs are simple... Using Tivo Desktop 2.3a, I go to Music and Photos and my MP3's are listed in alphabetical order, not the order of the tracks. It's a minor annoyance but I'd like to fix it. I would rather not make playlist files for every folder, nor rename every MP3 to have the track number in the front. I'd like the app. itself to take care of this by reading the ID tags.

So I tried JavaHMO which did work and provided me with a solution to this track listing problem. But its photo app is lacking because it gives me a big red X when trying to display photos taken by my new 6 megapixel camera. Tivo Desktop has no problem with these photos. I suppose I could use JavaHMO for the music and Tivo Desktop for the photos, but hey, wouldn't it be great to use one app for both??

So now on to Galleon 2.4.1... it installs fine and the app on the PC seems to work. But, the same thing that happened to me with Tivo Desktop 2.4 happens with Galleon. It can't find my DTivo units and won't publish to them.

Obviously since both Tivo Desktop 2.3a and JavaHMO worked, I have no network related issues. I did check the ports I needed on the Galleon site and put an entry into my Norton firewall. Also Windows Defender. I don't have any stray versions of JRE loaded anymore. JavaHMO was removed before installing Galleon. Tivo Desktop is still installed because they can coexist.

Any ideas? [the forum over there isn't as active as this one, so I'm trying here.]

2. tomthumb

tomthumb New Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Try an older version of Galleon - maybe 2.3.
    It works pretty good for me. I could never get 2.4 to work.

I too wish Tivo would sort the music by tags rather than file folders...

3. shredhead

shredhead Guest

Oct 14, 2003
    I couldn't get any older version to work my my DTivo. Same behavior as before. Tivo doesn't see Galleon. Galleon says no Tivos on the network.

4. tomthumb

tomthumb New Member

Jan 23, 2002
    did you try rebooting the tivo?

wait a sec...you said "DTivo" - galleon only works on the standalone tivo's with home media option.

5. shredhead

shredhead Guest

Oct 14, 2003

Advertisements

I have 2 HDVR2's and 1 SIR4040R all three 6.2a hacked with HMO and yes, I did restart.

I am aware that it is intended to be used with standalones with 7.x software, but, since JavaHMO worked I was hoping Galleon would also (even if only partial functionality as I experienced with JavaHMO).