Galleon HME on Linux Does Not Show on Tivo

Discussion in 'Developers Corner' started by wojnas, Sep 17, 2008.

1. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007

Advertisements

I recently built a new server wind Fedora 9 on it. Previously I had a server running Fedora 5 with Galleon running. With my new server, I can't seem to get the HME to stay up. After I start Galleon it stays up for a few minutes then it just stops showing up. I could not see anything particular in the logs as the cause. I do see applications such as weather working post crash. The file transfers work just fine.

Some notes on the box: selinux is off, Fedora 9, ipv6 off, firewall off
    Major Apps: Samba, squeezecenter, Galleon

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    So Galleon isn't running but you can still access the weather app? :confused: What part is crashing then?

What version are you running? Can you post some snippets from your wrapper.log and log.txt files? Turning on debug in the GUI (under Properties) might shed some light on the problem as well.

3. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Thanks for the response. What I meant that the app is still working is that after a crash I can go into the log file and see the weather app downloading updates even thought I cannot see them on the Tivo. In this particular log file the HME crashed around 8:51.

Thanks

Joe

Wrapper.txt

4. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    If there's still activity in the log file, I don't see how the app has crashed. If you just can't see it on the TiVo, but the process is still running on your Linux box, it must be something with mDNS or the broadcast.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in that log (you can probably turn off debug now).

Hmm ...

5. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007

Advertisements

I installed Galleon on windowz box and it worked fine. It has to be something on Linux. I downloaded Zenmap and 7288 was not open after I lost it on TiVo. Every once in a while the HD Photos stay up, which is on another port, but the apps disappear. I reinstalled java and galleon without it helping. Thanks in advance any insight.

~ Posted log files in a follow up post ~

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Um, do you think maybe you could convert those log files to attachments? This thread is kind of unreadable.

7. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yeah, and I think you can turn off debug for now. There's no need to be including all the weather refresh data in the logs.

8. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Thanks for any suggestions your could provide.

Attached Files:

9. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    There's a lot of weird garbage characters in the log. And I see a lot of errors like this:

Code:
    15:04:20,289 DEBUG [VideoServer] VideoServer - sip:nm
    15:04:20,293 DEBUG [VideoServer] VideoServer - 10.10.10.199
    15:04:20,294 ERROR [VideoServer] ItemURL - java.net.MalformedURLException: For input string: "nm"
    15:04:20,295 DEBUG [VideoServer] ItemURL - java.net.MalformedURLException: For input string: "nm"
    	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at org.lnicholls.galleon.goback.ItemURL.<init>(ItemURL.java:47)
    	at org.lnicholls.galleon.goback.VideoServer.handle(VideoServer.java:113)
    	at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:123)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    I've never really used Galleon's VideoServer app. Maybe you should try deleting that from your config for now and see if it stabilizes?

10. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    I shutoff GoBack and ToGo. No luck..... However I saw these lines in my log file. Any idea? It does not seem to be linked to an app. I erased 100s of the lines from my log.

Thanks for the suggestion.

20:51:16,219 ERROR [ListenThread] ListenThread - java.lang.NullPointerException
    20:51:16,418 ERROR [Dispatcher-Thread-3] ListenThread - Discarded 1 messages due to full event buffer including: java

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
  11. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I'm not sure what the problem in. In that last log file it looks like the error that causes Galleon to shut down is this one:

Code:
    20:49:41,215  INFO [ProcessReader: ERR: ] ProcessReader - ERR: java.lang.InterruptedException
    20:49:41,216  INFO [ProcessReader: ERR: ] ProcessReader - ERR: 	at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    20:49:41,216  INFO [ProcessReader: ERR: ] ProcessReader - ERR: 	at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
    20:49:41,216  INFO [ProcessReader: ERR: ] ProcessReader - ERR: 	at com.tivo.hme.sdk.util.Ticker.run(Ticker.java:138)

12. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Out of curiosity, do you know how Galleon sends a list of apps that are available? Are started from scratch and just have the email application. I used a simulator from a remote computer and could not get the list of apps to appear. However, if I manual entered the email folder it worked. I could not see anything on TiVo.

Thanks

13. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I believe it's using mDNS. These lines in the log are Galleon "broadcasting" that an app is available and listening:

Code:
    20:48:25,252  INFO [WrapperListener_start_runner] AppHost - MDNS: http://10.10.10.2:7288/Email/
    20:48:26,765  INFO [ProcessReader: IN: ] ProcessReader - IN: MDNS: http://10.10.10.2:7111/hdphotos/
    20:48:30,265  INFO [WrapperListener_start_runner] AppHost - MDNS: http://10.10.10.2:7288/Netflix/

As for the simulator ... I've only played with it a bit while modifying the Galleon weather app, but I never got it to display the entire lists of apps either. I always had to put in the full URL (as listed above on the MDNS lines).

14. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    I must have something else on the server that is conflicting some how. Need to figure out a way to determine that. To ensure my network was working properly I installed Galleon on windowz and it worked fine. Sometimes in my wrapper log I see entries for the Squeezecenter. The app for my Slimp3 device. I previously had them running nicely on the same box, but I wonder if that is it.

Thanks

15. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  16. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    I think I found the culprit. I believe it is the HDPhotos App. It automatically downloads an updated version when it starts (1.7a). It seems to interfere with other apps even though it runs on a different port. Sometimes HDPhoto app is the only one there and sometimes it disappears as well.

Thanks for your help.

17. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Hmm ... I'm running the HDPhotos app through Galleon without any problem.

Glad you found something though.

18. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    It used to run on my old box without issue. I cannot figure out what it is. When it is running, after 5-minutes or so all my other apps disappear the HD Photos remain. When I remove it, the other apps work fine. It stinks, because we use the app a lot.

19. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Maybe it's your java version? I'm using 1.6.0_06 on Ubuntu.

20. wojnas

wojnas New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Same version on Fedora Core 9.