Galleon config issues..

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by TokyoShoe, Jul 27, 2007.

1. TokyoShoe

TokyoShoe Frustrated TiVoHD'er

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas

Advertisements

I downloaded the 2.4.1 version of Galleon last night for my Vista Machine. I got it installed, configured, and up and working ... kinda. I can see Galleon from my TiVo.. but I can only get plug in apps like "Gmail" , or "Photos" to show up in my TiVo listings.

Can some kind, merciful soul please tell me what I'm doing wrong in terms of video sharing? Shouldn't Galleon allow me to share out video and music files from my PC to my TiVo? I futzed with it for hours last night and could NOT get this sort of functionality to work. I tried the tutorials, but unfortunately they are not extensive enough... AND they are for a much older version of Galleon so there are tons of new options missing from the tutorials.

I would be very grateful if anyone could possibly provide assistance, thanks in advanced!

2. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    One problem I raninto with Galleon - all of my music and photos are on network-attached storage mapped to a local drive letter. Galleon does not run as your identity so it does not have access to the same drive mappings. If this is your issue, you need to be sure to reference all network files using the full network share name instead of mapped drive letters.

3. TokyoShoe

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    No these are directories on the D:\ drive of the same machine Galleon is installed under. If you're familiar with the way Vista shares are setup, when you install Vista Home, you get a user profile for the account you made, with restricted permissions of course. There is also a second profile made for Public, which has wide open permissions, to serve as a central sharepoint between all users on that machine. Well the Public folders are a perfect place for central sharing of files between users and machines, as well as a great place to actually stick files that are going to be used by an app such as Galleon.

It's got full permissions to the directory and files, and I've got it installed and running. I can add the "Photos" app, configure it to point at the same Public folders, specifically a Pictures subfolder.... and it works just fine. I can browse said folders with ease on my TiVo. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten Galleon to share out all the AVI videos on the same share area.. to the TiVo. There's just no option to configure for it by default under Galleon. Am I missing an App plugin I need to enable?

4. Airey001

Airey001 New Member

Oct 20, 2005
  5. TokyoShoe

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas

Advertisements

I think you missed part of my original post. All the tutorials are for older versions of Galleon, so there are TONS of new entries and options not covered in the Tutorials. I went through the Tutorials and managed to use it to get my Galleon "talking to my TiVo". However, I still cannot get any Video Sharing over to the TiVo from my PC beyond this point. Only thing I can get to share correctly is Photos.

6. ddillard

ddillard New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    For Galleon to work in Vista you will have to disable windows Firewall. I had the same problem when I set it up on Vista and disabling the firewall completely resolved the issue.

7. TokyoShoe

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Ok.. once again. It does work, I can actually share out photos.. get the email app to register on my TiVo.. even get the "Remote Desktop" app to work just fine. I just can't get it to share VIDEOS. I cannot even find a specific configuration screen or app for this function.

Does anyone have any insight on this specific aspect of Galleon that they can pitch in?

8. Airey001

Airey001 New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    I did under stand you and thats why I sent the link. The file - properties is where you configure Galleon to server videos. There is no app for it. I knew the link is old and doesn't give you all the fields but it gives you the basics.

In the Server Properties you need the following to share the video filled in:

Name: (Server Name)
    Recordings Path (This is the location of the files you are sharing and also where galleon will down load videos to.) EX: D:\videos
    Media Access Key: You media Key with out this you won't be able to download from the tivo

I would leave everything else default and use the test button to verify it can see your tivos. Also as you will notice people say often check your windows firewall settings.

9. TokyoShoe

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Ok the "Test Button" is where I start getting confused. It lists the machine's own IP address.. then a whole gaggle of MAC Addresses. I've tried several on the list, but they all come across as 'Failed Test'. What ports do I need open on this machine, maybe you can help me with that.. maybe that's the point I'm missing.

There are two Port #'s listed in the Properties screen, I opened those up on the Vista Firewall. Are there other "unlisted ports" I need to open up?

10. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL