Galleon causes Tivo apps to disappear

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tbriggs, Feb 9, 2006.

1. tbriggs

tbriggs New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    I installed Galleon 2.2.0 last night. It worked great. I used the weather, traffic, movie, desktop and email apps. I have a couple of questions.

1) While the pc with the Galleon service is running, the Tivo apps that usually appear in the "Music Movies & More" section are gone (e.g., Yahoo Pictures, Music from Best Buy, the various games). I'd like to have both sets of apps. Is there a way to have the Galleon and Tivo apps appear together?

2) When I shut down the pc running the Galleon service, the "Music Movies & More" menu in Tivo has nothing except "Add a server" and "Disable home network apps". I was expecting the Tivo apps to still show up. I rebooted my Tivo but that didn't help. How can I make the Tivo apps show up again?

2. tbriggs

tbriggs New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Update: I have a call into Tivo trying to find out why none of the Yahoo apps, Best buy, etc are visible anymore. They had me uninstall Galleon, power cycle my modem and router, reboot the Tivo, and they pushed the 7.2 OS to my Tivo again. Nothing worked.

My Tivo still connects to the service perfectly fine. I can use other HME servers, like apps.tv. And I can transfer shows from Tivo to pc, and from pc to Tivo.

When I goto Music, Movies and Movies, I have 2 options now: "Manually add a server", and "Disable network applications". I was thinking that if I knew the ip address of the Tivo server hosting the apps, I could manually enter it. But I don't know the ip address.

Has anyone seen this before? If you have any ideas about why these apps are gone, and how I can get them back, please let me know.