Galleon and Wait Cursor thingie

Discussion in 'Developers Corner' started by proxima1, Jan 20, 2006.

1. proxima1

proxima1 New Member

Jan 19, 2006
    When developing our app, we were told by TiVo that the spinning wait-cursor was not yet exposed via HME, so we couldn't get access to it. Yet I see that the Galleon apps do have it (load in a radar map in the weather app for example). In going over the source, it doesn't seem as if they roll their own...can't see any code or cursor artwork, so does anyone know how they accessed it?

2. brunson

brunson New Member

Apr 26, 2005
    I would conjecture that since galleon has to first fetch the image to the machine it's running on, then serve it to the tivo that the wait cursor appears because the tivo is waiting on galleon, not because galleon put it there. That's just my opinion, though.

3. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    Not sure if this is the same as what you're talking about, but a spinning animated gif icon is in ..\Galleon\lib\galleon.jar:busy2.gif

4. javahmo

javahmo New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    TiVo can display animated GIF's, so I just created one that shows a rotating disk with some transparency to make it look better. Just display it like any other image in HME. You have to control when you display it and remove it after a long task is complete.