Galleon 2.3.0 and XP home

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by rcaffelle, May 10, 2006.

1. rcaffelle

rcaffelle New Member

May 10, 2006

Advertisements

I'm trying to install galleon on XP Media Center Edition. While configuring, galleon says to go to Control Panel/Administrator Tools to configure the server. I can find no way to do this with my operating system. Adminstrator Tools is not an option. I am logged in as an Administrator. Is galleon only installable on XP Professional? Is there a way in Home Edition to access Administrator Tools? Galleon basically crashes once I can't get to this menu.

Thanks.

2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    I have Galleon running on XP Home. I'm pretty sure it has Administrative Tools - but I'm not there right now to double check. It isn't in Control Panel? Or the Start Menu?

3. headroll

headroll Let em' Roll

Jan 20, 2003
    Long...
    Control Panel --> Administrative Tools.

Default View in XP Home is limited view, you will need to switch the Control Panel to 'Classice View' to see all the options. (should be a link in the sidebar)

-Roll

4. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Ah - first thing I do on Windows is tweak the task bar properties. :)

5. rcaffelle

rcaffelle New Member

May 10, 2006

Advertisements

Thanks. It gets frustrating when you expect google search to answer any question you could possibly have and you can't get the damn search terms right. I don't know how many different 'administrator tools' searches I did, but I never got a hit with a 'classic view' answer. Real live people are still very useful :)

Thanks