FXX/Spectrum false 'discontinuation' from TiVo

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by mrschimpf, Dec 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dec 9, 2017 #1 of 39
    mrschimpf

mrschimpf Member

Feb 18, 2011

Advertisements

Spectrum put in a simple notice in their November legal notice that FXX would be moving from the digital tier to Select (basic cable) on December 5th nationwide.

Cut to today, when I get a channel notice that TiVo deleted FXX and FXXHD because they're no longer offered (I'm in 53081). Of course, they were not and I still get them just fine, I just now don't have a schedule to record things on with it :mad:. Of course I immediately sent a notice to the TiVo channel change page asking them to re-add it, and maybe read a little better next time. So if you're missing FXX and are a Spectrum subscriber, this would be the reason why, so check any FXX recordings accordingly.

2. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    This ticked me off also and I just sent in my own channel add request instead of waiting any longer than 24 hours to see if they fix it themselves (they didn’t).

3. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, I saw this the other day on both of my Bolts. There were a whole list of adds and deletes and when I saw FXX as a delete, but not added back in as they usually do if there is a change in how the name is shown, channel number, or whatever, I thought it was odd that I would no longer get FXX, as I get pretty much all channels including Premium.

In tuning to the channel I saw the same thing - it's still there but now we don't have any guide data. I suspect it will be fixed, at least I hope. At this time the shows I watch on that channel are on hiatus or I'd be as pissed off as you guys.

I"ve seen this sort of thing before, over the years, where Charter gave them (it was Tribune Media back then) a list of changes that were done way before the changes were actually to have taken place. It's a nightmare when you have shows recording but there is no possible way to record them, since there is no guide. Sometimes it was number changes so the Tivo wouldn't even tune to the right channel so you could manually record. This is just about as bad because, unless you know when a given show airs, you can't even manually set it up.

Several weeks back there were some channel additions and they still won't tune.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Doesn't look like this happened to Spectrum (formerly Brighthouse) over here in St. Pete. I didn't get the lineup change message and FXX (ch 1287) still appears in my guide data.

5. akaussie

akaussie Member

Aug 18, 2010

Advertisements

Saw this yesterday on my Roamio in Madison, WI. I submitted a lineup change ticket.

6. thalador

thalador Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Who do we submit this to? Happened here in San Antonio

7. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Here ya go - Report a Lineup Issue

ETA - the form doesn't really make it easy for some scenarios, but there is a thing down below for explaining the problem further so I always used that as well.

In the fields where you put programming stuff I just either put 'nothing' or 'don't know' - something just to fill in the fields if that info isn't currently available. :) Then just explain below that they pulled the channel from guide data so you have the channel to tune to, but there's no guide data provided. HTH :)

thalador likes this.
  8. thalador

thalador Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Thank you Sharkster.. Issue reported

sharkster likes this.
  9. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Glad to help! There are so many helpful and knowledgeable people on this board that I have been helped many times. :)

10. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Happened in Colmbus, OH as well. Off to submit a problem.

11. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    This happened in Dallas as well, and it was also National Geographic Channel in addition to two FX/FXX channels. I can tune them in and they are just fine, but no programming info and TiVo doesn't think they exist. I'll submit the form as well.

12. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, LOL I thought this was just me.

Part of the problem is Spectrum themselves. They screwed up their channel lineup on the website, so it look like FXX doesn't exist in ANY package now.

I'm guessing this is where they get their info from. I noticed after I had sent them a lineup of my area when I requested that they update my channel list to the new channel lineup(after May 2017, prior to May 2017 there was a slightly different lineup).

After I got the message about FXX disappearing, I went back and looked at the lineup I sent them and sure enough, FXXHD(channel 742 in my area) was NOT on the list. The SD channel on 81 was, but not the HD version. When I went to Spectrum's site and looked at the general lineup, it shows FXX but doesn't show it as part of ANY package, as of the weekend.

I have also put in a ticket requesting it be fixed. This is on top of the ticket I have in for a few other channels, that come through but don't have guide data, like the Olympic Channel and one if the PAC 10 channels, along with them have UPTV mislabeled as a different network.

13. EdwPowers

EdwPowers Member TCF Club

Apr 14, 2002
    Merritt...
    I too noticed many of the HD channels deleted. (Central Florida to east coast). Most of my OP also changed channel numbers to the sub-100 channels from the 1200s and 1300s. I assumed it was due to Spectrum and their claim that all their channels are now HD and they are possibly deleting duplicates.

14. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Connecticut
    One of my Tivos(the newest one, a Bolt, that I just put online last week) got a massive channel update(lost and gained about 20 channels) that now shows all my channels correctly, except for 3( a local news station News12, i24news and UPTV).

I want to say this included FXX, however, that particular Tivo never lost it to begin with. But with the massive update, it still maintained it. This is the one I sent the initial channel issues request about, so maybe I have to do it for all 3?

This is what I don't get with Tivo, you can only put the service number in for one of your Tivos, when putting in an issue. But, why wouldn't they fix the issue on ALL the tivos on a person's account that uses the lineup(I'm sure they can tell what lineup a tivo is using)?

I really don't want to have to do this all over again for my other two.

15. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Ugh that's a good point, I only turned in a ticket on one of three.

16. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    If they fix a lineup change, that will usually get rolled out to every TiVo using the same lineup, because they make the change to the lineup, not to a particular TiVo. But maybe it's a good idea to send in a report for every TiVo you own, just to increase the chances of them actually doing something about it.

Edit: I should say that I've seen evidence that different models of TiVos get different lineup data.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  17. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    As to putting the SN in for each one - What I've done was put the SN of one of my Tivos in that slot and then down below where you can expound on the problem, I put the other one. :)

18. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I got an email last night from TiVo saying my ticket had been resolved. So far this morning, I don't have any messages about a program guide update, but I'm going to give all the TiVos a chance to connect today and see if anything comes through. I put in my ticket a couple of days ago.

19. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I hope they actually fix it. The last couple of these I have submitted, I got a response that it was resolved (rather quickly, I might add) but the situation never did get fixed until months down the line when the problems fixed themselves. I don't trust them anymore. That's sad to say.

20. kazak99

kazak99 Member

Feb 9, 2015
    I submitted a lineup change ticket also, and as of this morning it is fixed. FXX is back on my Bolt. Now to submit tickets for my Roamios.