FX channel issue - Possible "The Shield" issue

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Jonathan_S, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    This might just be my DTiVo, but last night sometime after recording The Shield, the DTiVo somehow forgot which channel FX was associated with.

So my Season Pass for The Shield said
    The Shield (FX)
    rather than
    The Shield (248 FX)

This caused next weeks episode is be removed from the ToDo list, because the TiVo thought I no longer received FX.

This is an issue that has happened before on USA, and I think at least once before on FX.

The point is, check any season passes for FX because you may need to recreate them, as the old ones may no longer work.

2. turls

turls New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Central IL
    When are they going to quit doing this? It is very annoying.

3. sn9ke_eyes

sn9ke_eyes Member

Sep 4, 2002
    Texas
    I saw this on mine too only next week of the Shield is still listed in the to do list, the channel is listed as "missing"

4. jaydro

jaydro Senior Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Looks like there's a problem with Fox Reality on DirecTV, too. (Just covering all my bases with three posts, sorry.)

5. Big P

Big P New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    The Shield did not record for me either last night. When I looked why not, it said that one feed was on antennea or cable and therefore not allowed to record

Kind of weird since I have 2 feeds

Any ideas?

6. ToddAtl

ToddAtl New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    This will really be annoying when shows not currently on FX, like Rescue Me, come back around and the season passes don't work anymore and I won't remember why!

7. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    No problems here with basic analog cable. :)

8. dturturro

dturturro Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Long Island
    SD DTiVo recorded The Shield fine.

9. mad6c

mad6c Member

Nov 2, 2003
    I have an HD DTivo and an SD DTivo neither are recording the shield on Tuesday. Both units don't have a channel number listed for FX.

Mike

10. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    Glad I subbed to this forum. Shield not on the T60 this week at all.

11. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Grrrr, thanks for the heads up. I deleted my old season pass and re-added it and that fixed it.

12. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up. Last week it didn't record at the 11pm Showing. Error 4

13. GaryGnu

GaryGnu New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Ellicott...
    I'm a bit behind watching so I just noticed this last night. On my main Hughes tivo, it did not record the 1/24 show, and was not set to record any others. On my R10 backup in the bedroom, all were recorded. None of my Tivos regularly phone home. Every once in a while, when I tire of the message I stretch out a phone cord, and dial them in.

I suppose one could have had the new channel and the other didn't?

14. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Twin...
    Hmm... I think my season pass only caught the first two episodes of The Shield this year (shows how far behind I am). Grrr...

15. OasisRed

OasisRed Bot Stopper

Jan 25, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    Got bit by this and on Rescue Me.

If I remember correctly, this has happened a few years in a row for the Shield. I had to recreate my SP last spring too.

16. jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    I have had no problems yet this season with my SP for The Shield, yet for some reason my Series 1 DTivo missed this week's episode.

I went to the live TV guide, channel 248 (I think that's right for FX), and there were NO entries at all between 10:00 am Tuesday and 10:00 am Wednesday. Just nothing.

In any case, I missed it, hoping to grab the repeat this Friday. Guide data seems OK for the rest of this week and next as far as I can tell.

17. Fargus

Fargus New Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Did it happen again? The Shield didn't record for me last night. What the heck is going on? Last time I Reset my season pass and it fixed the problem, but now the Shield isn't even coming up as an option to record under the "pick shows to record" part.

18. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I recorded it no problem, haven't diddled with my S.P. since the last time DirecTV diddled with the channel names.

19. f0gax

f0gax Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Bumping since the Rescue Me season premier is next week...