FX cancels "Lights Out"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Mar 24, 2011.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio

Advertisements

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/fx-cancels-lights-out

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    uhhh seriously? Is it even worth watching then (recorded the whole season) haven't watched yet

3. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Too bad. Outstanding television show.

4. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    There is so much bad TV out there people are doing other things.

There is also a lot more channels and access to shows available at any given time (Hulu, Netflix). that people are probably watching other things.

5. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA

Advertisements

I watched the first four or so episodes and enjoyed it, but it wasn't 'must watch' TV for me. I found I always had other recorded stuff I wanted to watch first, so the show's episodes just started backlogging on my Tivo. I eventually deleted the SP a few weeks ago and deleted the unwatched shows in an attempt to cut back on my TV watching.

6. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I just looked I have 5 episodes unwatched. I liked it enough tho. I will still watch whatever they end up showing

They should of just kept Terriers.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I'll keep watching. I assume the Reynolds fight will be the last episode so as long as they show how that ends, I'll be happy.

8. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    I hate this logic, and I see it so much on this board. If you choose to record something, then you were obviously interested enough to watch it. Why not watch an episode or two yourself and decide if it's worth watching? Just because a show only gets a 13-episode run doesn't mean it's not a good show or doesn't have a decent narrative that can be fully wrapped up.

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I like this show a lot but I'm not unhappy that it's a one season show. Some shows should only last a season. I think this is one of them.

10. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    TKO. Bummer. I liked the show, and the main character.

11. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    well it's a combination of I haven't seen a SINGLE episode, so it it worth watching the season.
    And some shows the first season really isn't that great and builds up in later seasons, so with just 1 season it may not be worth it. I may watch it eventually, but who knows.

12. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    Simmons suggested that the series is what Rocky V should have been, and when you add in the lead up and training to the fight in Rocky Balboa it could be considered to be the last 2 movies. After watching all but the last episode I'd say the comparison is accurate. So if you're a Rocky fan I'd highly recommend it.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It's a very good show. You should watch it even though it's been canceled.

14. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Aw bummer. I hope they at least wrap things up and don't leave any storylines hanging.

15. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I think the show is decent and had the potential to be really good. A few bad actors and a few questionable plot lines made it a tad corny/stupid for me. Still better than 90% of network shows, etc... But I can totally see why they cancelled it. I agree they should have kept Terriers.

16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I lost interest in this show about 4-5 episodes in. It didn't pass my have to watch within a week test, so I just deleted the rest. It was just ok, but I couldn't bring myself to WANT to watch it. Plus I couldn't get past the wife's Australian, New Jersey accent :)

17. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    That would be British. :)

18. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I saw the first episode and it was just OK. With my Tivo filling up I got rid of the SP. I hope they have an ending episode not a cliff hanger at the end.

19. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Love this show and the cast. Well done. That makes it "must cancel TV" like Boomtown and other worth watching TV.

Now I'm left with Justified as the only TV I watch.

20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Then she has both a poor British AND New Jersey accent :)

She must work cheap!