FSN Florida HD channel not available message

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tomhorsley, Apr 1, 2011.

1. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Anyone getting FSN Florida HD on their tivo in the Boca/Delray FL area (channel 401 comcast) I get the old channel not available message, and when I call comcast they say it is tivo's fault because I'm supposed to be getting that channel. (Though, of course, I suspect it is far more likely to be comcast's fault because they have screwed up their database and programmed my M-card wrong).

The last time this happened, it was every channel, and unplugging and plugging back in worked, but the power cycle trick didn't fix this one channel.

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I can ALMOST guarantee its a cable card issue with comcast. I've lost channels several times with Comcast in NJ. Call again and tell them you are missing some of your HD channels on your TV with a cable card and ask for them to reauthorize the card if they don't suggest it themselves.

3. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    They claimed that they did that when I was on the phone before, and while the channel didn't come back then, I just tried it around the 7th inning, and now it is working again, so maybe it was taking a long time to work through the system, or maybe someone who knew how to actually fix it noticed the real error.

4. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Yea, it can take a while. Last time I called about this they told me it can take up to 45-60 minutes to take effect.