FS: Tivo Roamio Plus - 1TB with Lifetime

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by Majik45, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Majik45

Majik45 New Member

Apr 28, 2008

Advertisements

I ended up buying the wrong version of a Tivo Roamio on Ebay, as I got the Roamio Plus, and I wanted a version that is used with OTA. My loss is your gain, as I got a pretty good deal on the Tivo. Just looking to get my money back at this point. Tivo Roamio Plus 1TB with Lifetime Service. Includes Remote and Power Cord. It has been factory Reset and ready to go. $210 which includes shipping. It's ready to be shipped out ASAP. If you are located in Central Illinois (Peoria Area), I can exchange it in person for cheaper.

Attached Files:

• Tivo.jpg
      Tivo.jpg
      File size:
      992.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I might be interested. Waiting to hear if my Bolt can be repaired.

You unit takes a cablecard, yes?

3. Majik45

Majik45 New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Yes, you are correct, this unit only takes an M cablecard and does not work with OTA. I missed the whole Tivo Roamio "Plus" vs. Tivo Roamio "Pro" on the auction, and I cut the cord 5+ years ago.

4. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    AFAIK, the difference between "Plus" and "Pro" is just the bigger hard drive. (source: TiVo® Roamio Comparison Chart - compare the TiVo Roamio Models)

I think you'd want just the plain "Tivo Roamio" OTA version.

I hope to hear from Weaknees about my Bolt repair very soon. If it's not repairable, I'll take it.

edit: Weaknees has what you want for $279 incl Lifetime service: TiVo Roamio OTA and Roamio OTA VOX)

Majik45 likes this.
  5. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017

Advertisements

Note that "Pro" is simply a "Plus" with a 3TB HD; it is also CableCARD only.

You should be looking for a 4-tuner Roamio basic (does OTA or CableCARD) or Roamio OTA.

P.S. Any 6-tuner TiVo is CableCARD only.

Majik45 likes this.
  6. Majik45

Majik45 New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I originally started looking for just the OTA versions out there on ebay, but saw some Roamio's could do both without doing the full research above. I since went on Ebay and won another auction last night for just under $200 for a Roamio OTA, so saved myself almost $100 as opposed to Weaknees. Let me know if when you find anything out.

Hank likes this.
  7. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Ok, they can't fix my Bolt, so I'll take it.

Please PM me your paypal info.

thanks.

8. Majik45

Majik45 New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Tivo has been sold and shipped.