Frustration, thy name is DirecTV

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Jon J, May 17, 2006.

1. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA

Advertisements

My HR10-250 recently went TU and the Protection Plan promptly replaced it with a NEW receiver. Great, so far.

I immediately returned the failed receiver, as instructed, and D* (of course) failed to log its return and $470 plus tax was charged to my account. Fun begins now.

On May 8th I was told by a CSR and her supervisor that the receiver had been returned and the request for credit would be "escalated" and the credit should appear in 3 or 4 business days. On the 13th another CSR said the request was still in the "escalation" process, but the credit would appear by the 16th. I checked this morning and the charge was still on the account.

I phoned again this morning and another CSR said the "escalation" request had not even been assigned to an agent for processing, but she would make sure it was processed within 24 to 36 hours. I politely asked if there weren't someone who could issue the credit NOW and within five minutes she had found Tim who must be the most powerful person at DirecTV.

I watched online as he credited the account. :up:

2. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    ur lucky they admitted to getting it..many threads on here where they didnt

3. Jon J

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    As you suggested, newsposter, I was waaaaaaaaaay too early in complimenting DirecTV.

Excruciating details later. :mad:

4. joetoronto

joetoronto HR10-250 Lover

Jul 26, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    you guys think directv is bad, count your lucky stars you never have to deal with bell expressvu.

they make directv customer service look like the model for service in comparison. :rolleyes:

5. stim

stim New Member

Jan 9, 2002
    USA

Advertisements

Good thing you got the credit! It's always a good thing to keep the tracking number when you send stuff like that to any company.

6. Jon J

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    My good feelings for DirecTV were destroyed bright and early today when I checked online and found the credit I had received yesterday had been reversed overnight and the account total was back to where it was. Evidently the D* accounting system decided "Tim" had exceeded his credit authority and undid it.

So, back to the phone for long waits and mucho apologies. Supervisor Kim today exhibited some unique thinking and took another approach. She entered five different credits...each under the so-called limit...totalling the correct credit. The system immediately reduced the amount I am expected to pay. It looks right.

But, I'm not going to declare victory for a while. ;)

If the D* equipment depot in Memphis had done its job in the first place and logged in the return we would all have saved a lot of time.

7. RonH54

RonH54 New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    With all the hassles you are going through I'd stay on D* a$$ and get like 6 month credit on programing and some type of compensation for this bullsh$t.

8. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    yup, this is the way...

9. Jon J

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    I just have to resurrect this thread since after a month of calm the $470 non-returned equipment charge which had been credited according to my latest statement mysteriously reappeared on my account today. A call to the president's office connected me with a nice lady who re-researched the return, agreed it had been done and promised to re-credit my account.

Pardon me if I'm just a bit skeptical. :thumbsdown:

10. borgslayer

borgslayer Master

Mar 28, 2004
    SoFLa
    Always, Always save thine fedex copies,
    wilst always come in handy! :p

11. bferrell

bferrell Now in HD!

Jun 22, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    And if it were me, I would have already called my credit card company and issued a formal complaint. I have found that in these situations where the company is being stupid, the card companies have a wonderful way of making them see the light. I've always had my account credited right away, and gotten a heartfelt-sounding apology from the offender once the Visa "investigation" was completed.

Brett

12. pintnight

pintnight BOO!

Oct 6, 2004
    West of...
    If I have to ever send back a DVR, I will used certified mail to have somebody at DirecTV sign it as proof that they received it.

13. Jon J

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Thank goodness I have never and would never go on automatic credit card billing with DirecTV. They foul things up too often. This has never escalated past what they say I owe and what I know I owe on a statement. I'll never put anything but necessities like utilities on autopay. Ever.

My online statement was credited about 20 minutes after my conversation with the D* rep. All is back to where it should be, but I'll never trust their system again.

:mad:

14. Sir_winealot

Sir_winealot Seenyer Member

Nov 18, 2000
    The President's office? Holy cow.... you must've been pissed. I thought he was too busy with this N Korean missle thing, and Iraq to deal with something like this.

;)

15. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    They send you a "kit" that includes a FedEx label billed to their account, so if you keep your copy you should be fine. SHOULD being the operative word