From Bolt to Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bobd, Jul 27, 2018.

1. bobd

bobd Member

Jan 30, 2002

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this was an upgrade or a downgrade but I moved from my Bolt to a Roamio simply because I was tired of paying $150 a year for the guide. Amazon had a good deal on the Roamio's on their recent big sale, so it was time to jump.

I can't say I care of the new version guide but that's not really the point of this post.

I did a transfer of all my recordings on the Bolt to the Roamio and had transfer issues until I kicked both units from 5gz to 2.4gz on on my router, then it all worked fine. What didn't work fine was my wishlists. I have 3 wishlists for actors and while all the movies were transferred just fine, they didn't put them in the actors wishlist folders.

So my question, since I now have this long list of movies I'd prefer to have in a folder or six, is there anyway to move these recordings into a folder?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can still get lifetime only that its now called All-in now.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    The TiVo software/UI can be rolled-back to the prior version (20.*).

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Can't vouch for the process, but maybe by routing the shows via PyTivo or Tivo Desktop, updating their metadata, then transferring to the final DVR destination. ???

5. bobd

bobd Member

Jan 30, 2002

Advertisements

I used online.tivo.com to transfer the files. I can't believe it didn't recreate the existing wishlist and transfer the movies into those folders.

As far as rolling back the UI, the Bolt is still the old UI, The Roamio came with the new UI, so I don't think I can roll it back. I've also updated the mini in the bedroom, so I'm new UI now, regardless. I just have a "my shows" list that is quite long and I could make 30 entires into 3, if I could only find a way to move those files into the wishlist folders.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You can — though at the cost of any recordings and settings on the box.

Minis will automatically upgrade or downgrade to match the OS/UI of their configured host DVR.

Read-up on PyTivo — noting that PC-to-DVR transfers are not currently possible for Hydra boxes.