Fringe Oct 28

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JohnDG, Oct 27, 2011.

1. JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004

Advertisements

If no WS game 7, then there will be a new episode of Fringe Friday night.

Setting up a manual recording for the time slot will bypass any delays in the guide data being propagated.

jdg

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    There's already an episode scheduled (for me, at least). The problem would be if there's a Game 7 and the Guide Data doesn't catch it in time, leading to the real airing of tomorrow's pre-empted episode not being recorded because TiVo thinks it already has been.

(Game 7 should have been tonight, but Game 6 was postponed due to weather.)

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    /subscribe-instant notification/

Thanks guys! :up:

4. starbreiz

starbreiz Fangirl

Jan 29, 2005
    Mountain...
    Make sure you double check, my to-do list now says "Removed from Program Guide"

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

So there will be a game 7, so no Fringe. If the show is still in our guide, what's the best way of ensuring that the TiVo will record it properly next Friday?

6. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    In my Guide Data, the episode that was scheduled for tonight has moved to next week. So all is good on its own.

Good idea to check, though. I'm kind of glad whoever won last night won last night, so as not to complicate matters further. Glad these sports teams have their priorities straight for once! :D
    What I do in such circumstances, which may be unnecessarily geeky (gasp!), is manually schedule two shows to record against the phantom show, thus bumping it from the To Do List, and assuring that when it pops up in the correct timeslot it will still be recorded.

7. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm not going to start a thread on "spec" but there is some question if NBC will change its mind of postpone the Chuck and Grimm.

We don't have to do anything about Fringe but might have to make an adjustment for Chuck and Grimm.

Amnesia--Game 7 was in the program guide yesterday. Best thing to do is force a phone call and let tivo take care of it.

8. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I got a tweet from EW. NBC is going forward, but CBS is going to air repeats. I hope the guide data gets updated.......

9. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    What twitter feed is that?

10. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I just checked the TV Guide listings (which almost always more quickly reflect programming changes than Tribune), and Fringe is back tonight. A forced TiVo update remains unchanged, so I set a manual recording. I guess we'll see.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I see very little chance that Fox will pre-empt Game 7 of the World Series to air an episode of Fringe...

12. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    One can only hope . . .

13. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Too bad Olivia isn't named Heidi. Then it might happen.

14. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Thank goodness for this site! So obnociously, Fringe, Supernatural, AND Grimm are all scheduled opposite each other. I haven't seen Grimm yet, but it seems nifty, and it seems like there'd be HUGE overlap for these shows!

I HAVE to watch all three (well, unless Grimm ends up being bad), which means setting up my Series 2 to grab one of them. Totally shocked when I was looking and saw I had TWO copies of Supernatural, and no Fringe. At first I thought I screwed up the Season Pass order, and then thankfully thought to check this site...

So should we have to do anything? Or should the guide data fix it so we get this week's episode when it airs next week or whenever?

And man has this season of TV been fantastic in general! Between Grimm and Once Upon a Time, I was expecting more from Grimm, only to my complete surprise I LOVED Once Upon a Time (and Person of Interest, Terra Nova, Harry's Law's almost a new show, plus a bunch more, plus all my returning shows...)

15. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    So my Tivo recorded Big Bang Theory instead of Fringe, because it still showed Fringe in the guide. I hope the missed episode will be rerun this week.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You'll probably be fine.
    You probably won't be.

Either way, you should check your Guide Data for next Friday.

17. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    @EW

18. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Guide Data on my S3 was revised in time to not record the Fringe that wasn't on, but not in time to not record the CSI:NY and Blue Bloods which weren't on.

Wrote down the titles of the shows and will keep an eye out for the remainder of November to make sure they record since TiVo thought they did last night.

Just a guess, but CBS will most likely air them next week, keep things in order for the month that is sweeps.

phox

19. johnf@home

johnf@home New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    You seem to cling to the quaint belief that TV schedules are arranged for the convenience of the viewer. Networks will *deliberately* schedule shows at the same time as shows competing for the same viewers - that scores double points for each pair of eyes they attract by simultaneously removing those eyes from being counted towards the audience totals for their competition.
    It also means that there is less risk of the show not being watched because there's an episode of "Real Housewives" or "American Idol" on another channel; if all major channels are showing shows from the same overall category then something in that category will get the viewer; you don't need to be the most pouplar show on TV, just the best show in your category.

Those of us with DVRs, capable of 'watching' (or at least recording) multiple shows simultaneously are pretty much an irrelevance.

20. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Check your TDL. My Tivo is not picking up Fringe on 11/4 because it was in the TDL in the past 28 days even though the guide was updated to show the WS game in time.