Fringe 4/29/10

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by thebigmo, Apr 29, 2010.

1. thebigmo

thebigmo Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

Feb 12, 2005
    Auburn, AL

Advertisements

That was awful. I want that hour of my life back.

2. baimo

baimo Member

Mar 2, 2006
    NJ
    just delete the recording

3. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    It seems every TV series does something like this.

Though, I find the old 1960s style with all the laptops/computers/cellphones kinda interesting. Plus a tiny bit of near-steampunk...

4. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    I missed this somehow on the tivo. Sounds like i didn't miss much

5. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008

Advertisements

I found it a fun hour. The singing corpses were hilarious. But I expect it to go over like the "Bones" season finale did last year.

6. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I haven't watched this episode yet, but I was wondering: is everybody else's "Fringe" recordings marked as being reruns? At least the last 4 episodes have all had an "R" for rerun in the guide info. I have no idea why.

7. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    This wasn't bad per se, but it was a huge waste of an opportunity. For a musical there was barely any singing. This could have been a nice attempt to do more humor but the entire episode came off as stiff and misguided. A real shame since I'm a huge fan of the show normally.

8. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Anyone notice that Astrid was singing lyrics from A Chorus Line ('I really need this job...' from I Hope I Get It')?

9. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    And I had a blast, I thought it was quite fun, very well done, and over way too quickly. Easily one of my top 5 Fringe episodes.
    I loved the juxtaposition of the technology in the fairy tale, and Ella "fixing" the end of the story. Not to mention all the combo scifi-noir tidbits.

Different strokes, different folks, etc.
    Diane

10. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    I didn't really care much for this episode because it really didn't do anything to advance the story line. Reminded me of what Supernatural has started doing every three or four episodes. Hopefully Fringe will be back in full force next week.

11. tewcewl

tewcewl New Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I'm in the same camp. I liked this episode a lot. It was a fun mash-up of everything, and even more impressive, it kept thematic continuity with the current episode storyline. One understands just exactly what's going on in Walter's head when he's spinning this story.

Not everything has to advance a storyline. It's nice to have breaks every now and then and just have fun. Plus, judging from the previews, it's going to be an intense three episode run to the season finale.

12. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I thought it was okay. It was pretty much a quirky way for Walter to show how he feels about the current situation.

He sees himself as the monster and Peter as not only one of his victims, but the person he has hurt the most. We also see a fantasy of his where Olivia and Peter fall in love, unfortunately he doesn't see himself as part of their future even though he desperately wants to be.

The last few episode have been very centered around Walter. I think the next few episodes will revolve around Peter as he tries to grasp the idea that he's not from this world. and he has other parents that may still be alive in the other universe. If Walternate is the villain, things may get awkward for Peter.

13. acvthree

acvthree Active Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Carrollton,...
    I liked it. Lots of fun!

What was that painted on the cow? Was that twister?

14. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    It was definitely big colored dots!

I also got a kick from immediately recognizing the album Walter was holding near the beginning of the story--Traffic's "The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys". I just *knew* all those years I wasted listening to music would pay off some day! :D Not sure who was singing though; definitely not Traffic.

15. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I think this was the best 'filler' episode of TV I've ever seen!

16. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    So nobody else has had the last batch of Fringe episodes listed as Reruns?

17. tewcewl

tewcewl New Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Sure hasn't been on my TiVo.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I expected a lot more singing. If you're going to do a musical, do a musical.

The one thing I didn't like was cell phones and computers in a 40s noir setting. I did like all the hats tilted to the side.

19. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Hated it! But I hate most musicals. :)

20. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Loved it! But, I love most musicals. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the mashup of it all. And, Ella "fixing" the story - just loved it.