Fringe 11/18/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Family, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    "The Olivia you're talking about... that's not my Olivia."

Why did they need a full season order if there are going to be so many filler episodes? Get the arc moving. I don't care if this Nina is still experimenting on this Olivia. Let's move on.

I wouldn't mind if we never saw this universe again.............

2. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I think he's wrong. I think it's going to end up being blueverse just changed due to his lack of existence in all their lives. We are gonna have to watch the entire season while they build all the relationships back up and I'm going to end up hating life because of it. I don't want to lose everything we've already established as far as character development in all the previous seasons. blah. I so hate this storyline. :(

3. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I get the need for "freak of the week" episodes... but even for one of those, this was an utterly boring episode. And poor Peter's only contribution to the episode was him shopping. *yawn*

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'm beginning to agree, they had made so much character progress the past season I really thought they were on a roll, but this amber series just has not worked for me at all, get Peter and his Olivia back together!!

On the other hand as weak as this episode was, I'm still swooning over the previous weeks "time bubble" episode, if we had more like that I could tolerate this universe much better.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, not real interesting this week. Only thing noteworthy is what Nina is up to.

My guess, it's going to be found out that Nina has been regularly injecting Olivia throughout her life with something that suppresses her (un)natural abilities.

6. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I guess this show is one where you really need to be a consistent viewer to keep track of what's going on. Has JJ been shooting a movie or something? For being the second billed lead, he seems to have less screen time than a guest star.

Even when Eugene is visible, he comes off as a weirdo, but he still gets hit on by the hot gurl? S'up with that?

Is Blair Brown supposed to be Olive's aunt or something? Cuz if she is, she's making Mommy Dearest look like Mary Poppins.

Ah, hell. No new eps 'til January.

7. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    The teaser for the next episode looked awesome, they should have ended the "fall season" with that episode. Full of story arc we care about.
    Did Baseball change that?

8. Timbeau

Timbeau Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 31, 2002
    VT
    Exactly my thought.

I like the freak of the week episodes when they are done well. This one had too much drama and was too slow for me.

9. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    It's sad, I watched this episode live yet I cannot remember what the freak of the week was about. All I took away from this was how little Peter was in it, Olivia and Lincoln having coffee because they can't sleep, Peter buying Lincoln glasses and telling him this isn't his Olivia, Olivia getting drugged at the end and the previews for the next episode looking great!

10. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    It was the nerd, trying to get his pigment back so that he would be 'seen'. Before he died, he was still hit on by the hot gurl.

:)

11. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    It sure looked like a pre-hiatus episode to me. We'll find out for sure if it ends with a major cliffhanger. :p
    I think it did. Fringe was delayed one week because of baseball.

12. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Ha! Yes, I just watched it again. And for the record, I don't think she was hitting on him. I thought she was just being nice to an obvious nerd that she saw everyday but figured he never had the nerve to talk to her. I've done that at my job with people I see all the time. Now I'm wondering if they think I was hitting on them. :eek:

13. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I'm still waiting for the 3-way scene with Peter and both Olivias.

14. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I'd rather see that scene with Faulivia, red Lincoln and Peter. :D

15. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    Here is a frame grab of the vials of what was injected into Olivia:

[media]http://www.thefringepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/407Cortexiphan.jpg[/media]

I doubt if Nina's agenda has changed from the original blue universe just because Peter died. And I'm sure that is reason for doing this to Olivia. Now we just have to figure out what that agenda is.

16. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Could somebody tell me the previews--in spoilers, of course. I missed it.

17. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Amber Olivia, Lee, and Peter cross over to red universe. Peter thinks Walternate can help him return to his time line, however "things are not as they seem" -Walternate. November the observer talks to olivia about something important.

18. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yes, this wasn't supposed to be the "break" episode (I hate the term "Fall Finale") but the baseball weather delay did screw up the scheduling for the producers.

http://www.tv.com/news/fringe-the-invisible-man-27214/?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

BTW Olivia, ampicillin ain't going to do much for your migraine.

19. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Olivia seems to be a person who doesn't know what a "migraine" really is.

20. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    "Cause all Jocks ever think about is sports, all Nerds ever think about is sex. "