Fringe 04/22/2011 "6:02 AM EST"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Anubys, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I'm guessing there's no thread yet because nobody wanted to figure out how to spell the episode title :p

I was very annoyed when the scientist gave fauxlivia the way to the other universe. I thought "why not give her any darn thing that doesn't work?"

sure enough, it looks like that's exactly what he did :up:

2. Fixer

Fixer Fixin' it!!

Mar 29, 2005
    The Great...
    That's not the title of the ep. The 4/22 ep was titled "6:02 AM EST"

___

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I loved Olivia's reaction to Walter walking around naked.

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Why'd you go and make me have that visual in my head again?

5. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    crap...I checked the FOX website :eek:

edit: sent a request to the mods to fix the title.

6. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I liked the episode--definitely a great 'first part' of a killer season ending arc. I love the idea that our universe is breaking down like the other side...at least we have the knowledge and preparation to handle it-- it makes you appreciate how f***ed up it must have been for everyone over there who had no idea what the hell was going on.

Bolivia's entire plan was stupid though--how could she not see that coming a mile away? of course he was gonna give her some BS. Also she seems to have switched sides kind of suddenly, no?

I'm still not sure I fully understand The Machine. First we saw drawings of it, then the First People book led the team to unearth parts of the machine hidden for millions of years (right?) and they assembled it over here, but yet Walternate was able to activate from over there? Is the machine that old? How did Walternate get the directions for it? I originally thought that everything on this side was a scam--the pieces were planted by Walternate so Walter would put them together and then he'd activate it, destroying our world and saving his.

7. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Not sure how sudden it was. We've seen her fall in love with Peter. We've seen some doubt in her as she started to like "our" world, etc.

Killing billions should make you stop and think twice. What I was surprised about is her friend -- the new head of Fringe -- coming on board with her plan. At least, I think he knew what she was planning (maybe he just thought she was bringing Peter back).

8. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Well also, BOlivia, her Lincoln, and her Charlie were discussing on how they were suspicious of Walternate and the whole "war" thing.

I do wonder if the other Universe got a preview of "Red Lantern".

9. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    It's Fauxlivia, not BOlivia. :D

I think they should of had the red verse's fringe team discussing with Fauxlivia about how the so-called evil blue verses' Fringe team was not out to destroy their universe but rather stop the impending doom. Her actions would have been more defined then, but I think fans of the show will know she did what she did because the other universe doesn't seem hell bent on the destruction of wither verse' and seems like Peter is looking for a solution to save everyone.

10. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    If you watch the show subtitled, when Fauxlivia is on it does say Bolivia as the person who is speaking.

11. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    This was a hard episode to watch; physically. The storms blew in so my DVR recorded the local weathermen. I saw it was going to be rebroadcast on Saturday evening so I set to record that. Turns out the first 30 minutes of the recording are the weathermen again. So, watched half of it and then jumped on to Hulu and watched the rest.

Enjoyed the episode. (Hated last weeks animation) I wondered if even though Peter is unconscious, is his consciousness already inside the machine?