Friday Night Lights First Season DVD for 20 smacks at Amazon

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by spikedavis, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Aug 3, 2007 #1 of 15
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Friday Night Lights Season One DVD at Amazon

Wow-you can't go wrong with that price. For anyone who missed the show the first year-I implore you to get this. This is a show you can not miss. It is absolutely phenomenal and we need more viewers for the second season!!!

2. Aug 3, 2007 #2 of 15
    marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Hmm very interesting.. Will have to see about getting it.

Hopefully it takes prime.

Someone bump this thread in 4 weeks. I don't feel like pre-ordering yet, but I might forget. :)

3. Aug 3, 2007 #3 of 15
    Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Why not? They have a pre-order price guarantee, so it's not like you'd lose out on any further discounts by ordering now.

4. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
  5. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Release date bump! My copy arrives tomorrow. :)

6. Lori

Lori Social Defective

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    OK, I watched two episodes of this show last year, and then it somehow fell off my radar. I have plunked down my twenty bucks, and have watched the first nine eps...and I'm in. I'm hooked. I'm there for the long haul.

I think that the show really benefits from back-to-back watching. I hope others feel the same. Like, ten million others. :)

7. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I hate football. Would I still enjoy this show?

8. anom

anom Enlightened

Apr 18, 2005
    I don't know, but I don't like football and I think FNL was one of the best shows on tv last year.

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Lori - I agree that it benefits from back-to-back watching. Almost the identical thing happened to me last year. I watched the first couple eps, then stopped. During the holidays, I think one of the cable nets ran a marathon, so I recorded them all and watched them in the space of a week or so. That's when I got hooked.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Hate football?!
    *point* Communist!
    :p

You'll still like the show...if anything, the football scenes are pretty unrealistic in many places. This show is more about the personal life dramas of the characters than it is about the sport. Plus, there's a few hotties in the cast.
    I will say that this show probably isn't as good as many around here like to make it out to be, but it's still definitely among the best shows on TV these days.

11. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    I could give 2 craps about football and I love this show. It's technically not "about" football-but how the game affects this town.

12. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Very good show, bu probably won't get the DVD's as I can't see myself watching it again.

But AWESOME show :D

13. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I feel the same as MikeMar. I really enjoyed the show when I watched it, but It's not something I need to watch again, much less own the DVDs.

14. Crrink

Crrink Active Member

Sep 2, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I would say if you've ever enjoyed a sports-themed movie you'd enjoy the show....or at least the Football wouldn't get in the way of your enjoying the show.

Football is a big part of the show, but you don't really need to know much about the sport to follow everything.

15. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I'm sold! :)