Fresno Channel Lineup not correct.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by albokay, Jul 29, 2010.

1. albokay

albokay New Member

Aug 4, 2007

Advertisements

Comcasts Fresno (central valley) lineup changed this morning adding a lot of new HD channels and put HDs in the 700s and Music choice in the 900s.

This hasn't changed in Tivos guide and a phone call to Tivo says they never received a lineup change. How often does this take to happen? A lot of recordings will be messed up for me if it takes a couple days.

2. garys

garys New Member

Feb 1, 2002
    I just checked Comcast's own web site, and it says that the channel line-up for Fresno is unavailable because the page is being updated. They then link over to fancast, which has the old, wrong lineup. So even Comcast doesn't have its act together. As much as I might want to be upset that Tivo didn't update its lineup quickly, I can't really blame them since the lineup doesn't even seem to be finished on Comcast's end yet. I've got to say, though, that at this point Tivo is the only thing keeping me with Comcast. If we had Fios here, or any other service I could use my four cablecard-based Tivos with, I'd be off of Comcast tomorrow.

3. docshu

docshu New Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Comcast has messed up big time for TIVO users in Fresno. Are they trying to put TIVO out of business?
    If I can not use my TIVO with Comcast, I will switch to ATT or Direct TV.

4. cogx

cogx Member

Sep 22, 2006
    The guide data TiVo licenses from Tribune Media Services has a station-to-channel mapping within it which is specific for each zip code : provider : package (analog, digital, digital rebuild, etc.) This mapping must match the actual station-to-channel mapping which is determined by one's cable provider and of course changes from time to time. Unfortunately, there seems to be little or no direct communication from cable providers and TMS.
    Furthermore, my own experience with my own cable provider is that even contacting them repeatedly can't seem to get them to correct lineup errors in their own printed and/or on-line documentation, which one would expect is the primary source TMS uses for their database.
    However, TMS obviously knows solely relying on cable provider documentation is folly, so that is why they take lineup correct requests from companies such as TiVo and also from individuals. Unfortunately, they don't always just take those requests and immediately implement them. Also, sometimes they will implement those changes, only to (re-)introduce errors once again probably due to errors in a cable provider's own documentation.

So, to fix discrepancies, you will need to start the process, such as those in Denver have had to do with their own Comcast digital rebuild.

5. Fireaxe

Fireaxe TV Geek/Smoke Eater

Apr 26, 2002
    Clovis, CA

Advertisements

I'm in the same boat. Talked to Comcast tech. They sent test signal to my HD TiVos, no help. They have no idea what's going on either.

As much as I hate DirecTV, I need a working TV. If Comcast has made their service unusable to me, what choice do I have?

If I have to switch away from Comcast, there is no other service compatible with the house full of TiVos I own.

Doesn't this ring any alarm bells at TiVo?

6. unclegdogword

unclegdogword New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I have spoken to TIVO Technical Support and they are working with Comcast on the issue. Comast didn't inform them of the switch date and that it was going to be in certain areas of Fresno at a time. They have some channels listed with "!" in front of the name but no program info.

Tivo said it could take up to 8 buisness days to fix the issue. I just got my Tivo XL Monday and setup my Season Passes and now they are wrong.

Waiting..... DOH!

Uncle G Dog Word

PS: I was told that Tivo doesn't work with AT&T for HD

7. weatherson

weatherson New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I've also contacted Tivo by phone yesterday and started a service ticket. They are in fact aware of the Comcast channel lineup change and are working to get an update out as soon as possible. Although, my service advisor mentioned the update could take as long as seven days but he thought it would be sooner. Still nothing though as of the time of writing this.

I had received a notification from Comcast a few weeks ago announcing the upcoming lineup change and included a tear-out card with the new lineup. I converted this to a PDF file to share with those who didn't receive the notice here. Note that today Comcast phoned to say that three channels promised are now being removed from the lineup (805 HBO Comedy HD, 840 Action MAX HD and 841 Thriller MAX HD).

What I have to do until TiVo pushes out the new channel listing is to go to my To Do List, write down the old channel, time and show and using the new channel lineup, write in the new, updated channel. Then I delete the shows from the To Do List and create a manual recording in TiVo (Find Recordings, Record by Time or Channel, Set Up Manual Recording) with the correct date, new channel and time. Aside from being time consuming, the other issue with this is that some of the manually recorded shows are listed as "Manual:..." with no info to the actual recorded show. Definitely not ideal but at least I'm getting recordings of my Season Pass shows until the update comes through.

8. weatherson

weatherson New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Looks like the new channel lineup update has finally been pushed through! :up:

9. Aug 1, 2010 #9 of 13
    unclegdogword

unclegdogword New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Yup and now my series 2 is not working. The cable guy was fixing my mother in laws and he told to her that she had to switch from tivo to there piece of junk DVR. I have been butting head with them all this week, but the has got to be around this. I am not going for their crapy product. Anyone got a fix?

10. weatherson

weatherson New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Have a look at the following...

Digital Transport Adapter

Or this may be a good reason to upgrade to a Series 3 or Premiere with a cable card.

11. adaymerced

adaymerced New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Same problem in Merced (about an hour north of Fresno) but still no updated lineup. Talked to TiVo customer service and Comcast Customer service over the weekend who both said it would be fixed "soon" whatever that means.

12. mgar

mgar New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    San Joaquin...
    I just got home and my recordings are not working. I have the same Comcast lineup issue.

13. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    A little info about lineup changes: I am going through a similar situation. I had 45 new stations added to my central Florida lineup on the first of last month. On the 10th I reported it to TiVo. Well, I am still waiting for the additions to be added by Tribune Media 25 days latter. I last called TiVo the 2nd of this month. And was basically told, "Sorry, sometimes these changes take quite a while". So here I am almost a month latter with missing guide data.

Last time this happened it took just short of two months for the guide data to reflect my lineup!!!

Good luck everyone, Bob