Fresh install: Galleon 2.0.x first or TiVo Desktop 2.2 first?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by ChristheC, Jan 2, 2006.

1. ChristheC

ChristheC New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Baltimore &...
    Hi folks,

I just completed a fresh install of Windows XP Pro SP2 on a new computer, and I'm re-installing all my apps.

It's now time to install the TiVo software. (I have a fresh ghost image backup to this point in case I screw up).

My question is:

Should I install TiVo Desktop software 2.2 (which I don't use often) before JRE 1.5 & Galleon?

Or should I do the JRE / Galleon then the TiVo Desktop software?

Or does it not matter?

Thanks,

Chris

2. javahmo

javahmo New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Install the TiVo Desktop software before the Galleon software. As part of the TiVo Desktop software installtion, the necessary configuration changes will be made so that you can play .tivo files downloaded from your TiVo. If you dont want to use the TiVo Desktop software, you can disable the service or you can uninstall the software. You will still be able to play .tivo files and you will still be able to use Galleon.

3. ChristheC

ChristheC New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Baltimore &...
    Thanks JavaHMO,

Everything seems to be working o.k. Usually I have shortcuts to batch files that start / stop the services I want at any particular time. I'm very anal about which processes are running for which reasons.

Kudos btw,

New website & forum looks sharp. (I've refrained from updating since Galleon 1.6).

This new 2.0.1 version of Galleon feels solid too.

Chris