Freezing!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Megzers, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Megzers

Megzers New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Hi everyone! Well, my new TiVo is just grand and I am really enjoying it and all. However, I am having a constant probelm with it. It is randomly freezing while i am watching a taped program, while I am watching regular TV, and while I am not even using it. I am having to unplug it and plug it back in at least twice a day. As soon as it reboots it works just fine until the next time it freezes (which varies in time from a few seconds to a few hours). I will come home and the clock on it will be stopped at an earlier time, whatever time it chose to freeze. All of my saved programs go unharmed and all of the programs i have set to record keep the right information and everything. I am just wondering if anyone has had this problem or would know what could be causing it? I really appreciate your time and help!!
    Thanks alot!! :)

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    You new Tivo is defective. Most likely a bad hard drive. Replace/exchange it under warranty.

3. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Try to exchange it thru the place you bought it for a brand new one.

No matter what anyone tells you if you send it back to TiVo you will not get a new one back, they won't fix yours and send it back to you, you'll get a refurbished one. Even if it's only a few hours or days old.