Freeview Channel numbers wrong

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by wonderboy, Apr 6, 2009.

1. wonderboy

wonderboy New Member

May 27, 2003
    Angus,...

Advertisements

Hi All,

my freeview Tivo disagrees with my STB on the numbers for E4 etc, yet has been getting daily calls etc no problem.

(sorry for lack of info but posting from work so can't give exact model of STB)

What do I have to do to fix this? Is it common?

ta

2. Diamond Mike

Diamond Mike New Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Cheshire,...
    Maybe you need to do a software update on you STB. This is certainly necessary when the channel numbers are changed; my present box does updates automatically but not all do.

3. johala_reewi

johala_reewi New Member

Oct 30, 2002
    Southampton UK
    What channel number does your STB say E4 is on (etc.)?

4. BaggieBoy

BaggieBoy Large Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Tadley,...
    Whenever this problem has been posted in the past it has always due to the STB having the wrong line-up. You need to do a full re-scan on the STB.

5. wonderboy

wonderboy New Member

May 27, 2003
    Angus,...

Advertisements

Thanks Guys, will see if I can figure out how to do that, never really used the STB remote before!

6. healeydave

healeydave from tivoland.com

Jun 4, 2003
    Midlands
    Just do a channel re-scan (aka re-tune) on the Freeview STB.

The chances are, Tivo is accurate as its channel line-up is updated everytime its EPG database is updated where-as most peoples Freeview boxes are only tuned once in a blue moon (if ever after the first installation).

One word of warning though, if your freeview box is not fully DVB-T compliant, you might end up with some channels being all over the place after the "Split NIT" changes in 2008. Non-compliant Freeview boxes are unable to cope with this change and end up re-tuning channels with strange channel numbers.

I had a couple of Echostar T-101 boxes that had this problem.
    I waited patiently for them to advise if they had a firmware update to correct the problem. Only a couple of weeks ago, I got fed up and packaged them back up in their original boxes and sent them to the Echostar HQ with a carefully worded letter.

I was prepared for nothing to happen but imagine my surprise when they were returned exactly 2 days after I sent them with nothing else but a compliment slip. It was so fast, I just thought they had returned them but when I tested, sure enough, they re-tuned in perfectly!!

7. bryl

bryl New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    The channel numbering on my panasonic tuct-30 box went crazy a month or so ago. Every retune produced a different line up. Apparently it did not pick up the lastest software version when broadcast some time ago so it cant cope with recent changes to freeview. Panasonic's technical people have indicated that they will approach the broadcaster to get a slot to rebroadcast the software update. In the mean time, I picked up a second hand alternative STB that can cope.