FreeBSD HMO runtime issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by cshuttle, Jan 10, 2006.

1. cshuttle

cshuttle New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Let me be the first to say that this is probably something incredibly obvious, as I hate classpath errors and they're especially annoying when you see how simple the solution is. That said, I'm seeing the following after running my ant compile script on FreeBSD:

[Loaded sun.misc.URLClassPath$FileLoader from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lnicholls/javahmo/server/Server
    [Loaded java.lang.StackTraceElement from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded java.lang.Shutdown from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded java.lang.Shutdown$Lock from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]

Obviously, this is no good. An excerpt from my /etc/profile reads as follows:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.4.2
    export JAVA_HOME

CLASSPATH=.:${JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib:/usr/share/javaHMO/build/lib
    export CLASSPATH

So, I guess I'm pointing to the right place, but since java is sooo good at telling me exactly which JAR it's looking for, I have no idea what it's missing out on.

Any help with this would be just ducky.

2. javahmo

javahmo New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    If your TiVo has version 7.2.1 software, rather install Galleon: http://galleon.tv

Otherwise, you need to ensure that all of the .jar files in the JavaHMO lib directory are added to the CLASSPATH environment variable:
    CLASSPATH=.:${JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib:/usr/share/javaHMO/conf
    for j in /usr/share/javaHMO/lib/*.jar
    do
    CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$j
    done
    export CLASSPATH

3. cshuttle

cshuttle New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Yea, I'd sure like to be able to use Galleon, but this is a directivo setup. I'll let you know how your suggestion turns out...

4. cshuttle

cshuttle New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Much better! Still getting the following:

[Loaded java.awt.font.TransformAttribute from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded java.awt.geom.AffineTransform from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded java.awt.font.TextAttribute from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded sun.java2d.FontSupport from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded sun.awt.font.NativeFontWrapper from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    [Loaded java.lang.InternalError from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    Exception in thread "main"