Free TiVo Movie on Amazon Unbox

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DaddyBC, Jul 27, 2007.

1. DaddyBC

DaddyBC New Member

Aug 21, 2005

Advertisements

I don’t know if this is an error at Amazon or they want people to try their service. Either way it won’t last long!

Right now you can get the movie El Callejon de los Milagros, the most awarded movie in Mexican history for Free!
    I just did it via my Tivo.
    Probably just a fluke or something, so you might want to check into it quickly.

Check for more here

2. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    Many thanks! I just download it and yes, no charge. :)

3. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    I just did it too. For free, I'll give it a shot.

You can't order it from your TiVo for free, but if you sign in on the Amazon website you can send it to your TiVo for free.

4. ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    This movie is free as well, also Mexican, probably not an award winner, though! Inspiracion (2001):. Plot Outline: The story about a teen that falls in love and discovers his life is about to change. a film about wanting something and fighting to make it happen.

5. DaddyBC

DaddyBC New Member

Aug 21, 2005

Advertisements

I ordered it originally, this am, from my TiVo. Maybe the changed that already?

6. jtlytle

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    :confused: Look at his OP, he did mentioned "Amazon"

7. restart88

restart88 New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    St....
    When I read that what came to mind was that poster a few months back who first found the error with a download price of several $hundred dollars for a $5 discount bin movie. :eek:

I am in the processing of downloading El Callejon de los Milagros as well. But besides that there are some ok $.99 downloads I've been meaning to see like Catch & Release (and I just happen to have some credits, so it's FREE to me as well!).

One thing though. Online it says you can keep the download for 30 days but on Tivo it says 2 days or 24 hours after you 1st hit play.

I use Unbox sparingly because of billing problems, inaccurate information, and my personal experience of not being able to reach customer support, especially through email. If they would just correct these problems (a no brainer IMO) and keep the prices about where they are I'd probably be downloading several times a month. Maybe even several times a week during the summer re-run period.

8. JustAllie

JustAllie Number crunchin' TCF Club

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    Free = good. :D

Thanks, OP!

9. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    I was looking at the rental price.

If you rent it, it'll cost you - If you buy it, it's free. :confused:

You can buy it from the TiVo for free.

10. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    Thanks, now to find out if it was worth the price ;)

11. yunlin12

yunlin12 Tivonation Citizen

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Just "bought" it, stll free.

12. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Both of those movies were advertised this morning as free on the Unbox home page. I saw the ad when I checked on the weekend deals, as I do every Friday morning now. The front page ad has since been removed, it seems.

13. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Well, like I said, the front page ad is gone(and not in the Google cache), but if you search Movie To Buy > Lowest Price they both show up there.

Wonder why Amazon removed the ad. Seriously, this morning when I looked at the movies on sale for the weekend there was a huge ad just below the 6 .99 cent movies with the cover photos for both movies saying that they were free for a limited time.

Attached Files:

14. DaddyBC

DaddyBC New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Wonder why they would advertise it as a free download, yet charge for the rental?

[​IMG]

15. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Exactly.

16. DaddyBC

DaddyBC New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Not surprising it is now the #1 Top Movie Seller. :)

[​IMG]

17. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    I think I may actually have been paid $1 to take El Callejon de los Milagros. Before I "bought" it, I had "1 Unbox credit, totaling $4.06". Now I have "2 Unbox credits, totaling $5.06".

18. taronga

taronga Member

Nov 15, 2006
    KY
    I had that happen the first time I used Unbox. I rented a 99 cent special and afterward I had two credits totaling $16. I wasn't about to complain.

19. restart88

restart88 New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    St....
    I'm surprised nobody has commented on how they liked the Mexican movie.

Personally I didn't care for the story line. And I could nitpick about the subtitles. That and the fact it has full frontal male nudity but not so much as 1 female boob. :D

I found it interesting. I take it it's done kinda like a novella? I would have prefered a less dark ending, but I suppose that's just my preference.

20. jtlytle

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    I downloaded it yesterday and it was almost 4 hours! By the time it was done, we were in bed. We will watch the show this week.