Free preview weekend

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ethanjacejacob, May 16, 2006.

1. ethanjacejacob

ethanjacejacob New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Washington...

Advertisements

When are we gonna get a Free Preview Weekend? HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ

2. trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy Advanced !

Apr 28, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    I believe it's this weekend....

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    This weekend, 5/19-5/21, DirecTV is offering their Premium package for free.
    That's everything.

4. vman

vman Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    Yes, supposedly all the premium channels (well, not PPV or adult) are on freeview this weekend.

5. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
  6. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    There's a flier in the mail with your DIRECTV bill.

I remember seeing it in with my bill about a month ago.

The front page of the flier says - COMING IN MAY and there's a KING KONG picture.
    Inside there's a page that says - DO NOT DISTURB. Below that it says - Stay in and enjoy a FREE PREVIEW..... etc...

7. Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    Many folks dont read that stuff! To them it is like the crap that comes with your credit card bill. I used to love the mailings from cable and sat! Remember the good ole days when you got the little books from the premium channels. :) I miss them sometimes. Now I do read the inserts its a thing with me Like george costanza i like reading stuff in the restroom too. If i am between mag subscriptions the inserts that come in bills will do :p :D although I dont want the 1.50 calculator free gift from amex for only 5.99 shipping :D :rolleyes:

8. bguppies

bguppies New Member

Jun 29, 2003
    Charleston, SC
    Wasn't the Showtime free weekend just last month and the HBO preview the month before that?
    Are they supposed to have free previews weekends every month?
    Enjoy this weekends Total Choice Preview, it'll probably be last for a few months since everybody just ran their freeviews recently.

9. Guindalf

Guindalf Now with added dalf

Jun 13, 2001
    There's a difference between the individual Freeviews and this one. HBO would sponsor an HBO Freeview and as we've seen with some of them, they plaster the screen with "get our service" messages and phone numbers. This is a preview of a D* package and I doubt it will have any of that as it is sponsored by D*, not the premium providers.

Remember folks: Set your TiVo on stun!

10. Matt9876

Matt9876 New Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Maryville...
    Guindalf : Remember folks: Set your TiVo on stun!

All four tuners ready to record sir!

Adjustments to channels I recieve done.

All systems are Go!

11. bigrig

bigrig ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

Jul 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    So does this start at 12 AM Friday and end 12 AM Monday? Or is it looser than that?

Thanks,
    Matt

12. Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006
    6Am CST Start 6AM end CST.

13. michaelp95

michaelp95 New Member

Nov 20, 2003
    Marana, AZ
    Since we will a be premier customer this weekend, Directv should give us a 3 day credit for our DVR fees :)

14. islander

islander Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Fredericksbu...
    Oh yeah, those booklets with the movie schedules in it! Back when there was only one HBO and one Cinemax! I forgot about those..... Just looking around the HBO site, and found they still make 'em! You just have to print it yourself now! :)

http://www.hbo.com/guidepdf/

15. justapixel

justapixel Domestic Extremist Staff Member

Sep 27, 2001
    The Nanny State
    Seeing what they have to offer over this free weekend makes me realize how much I wouldn't want to pay for it.

16. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    Yeah, me too. I'm grateful they turned it on to show me I'm not missing much. I had HBO for several years and found I hardly watched it, even when I got the HDTV. (I've also had all of the other pays at one time or another in the past few years). I recorded one movie this weekend. That's all I could find that really interested me.

We've turned ro Netflix instead. I pay $9.99 and watch between four and 8 movies a month - a lot more than when I had HBO.

17. culprit622

culprit622 Not who you think

Aug 18, 2005
    NorCal
    +1

18. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Wow, what a waste of money it would be to have the entire pkg. Oceans 12 is on like 50 times in 3 days :(

19. jaydro

jaydro Senior Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Yeah, the TC Premier Preview wasn't such a great ad for that package. To me the attraction would be that I would get everything DirecTV has, but I was baffled to find that while I got the Para Todos channels, I didn't receive the Asian channels (other than the CTV9 I normally get), nor did I get Setanta (except for a special preview show), nor did I get the Para Todos XM channels! It all seemed very arbitrary. Or was any of that a mistake on D*'s part like when I only got half the Showtime channels during one of their preview weekends?

20. bsnelson

bsnelson Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 30, 1999
    McKinney,...
    +1 (again).

I was shocked. I think I ended up with "The Terminal" and "Robots". Oh, and "Ray".

Brad