1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Amazon Echo with purchase of a TiVo Bolt VOX or TiVo Roamio OTA VOX

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Mikeguy, May 20, 2018.

1. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    [​IMG]
    From a TiVo email earlier today. For TiVo box purchases directly from TiVo. UPDATE: Also will work for purchases at Best Buy (for those wanting immediate gratification) and Amazon.com (see Ted_TiVo's comment below).

Buy a TiVo and Get a Free Echo! | Amazon Alexa Promotion | TiVo

A nice offer, especially if buying a Roamio OTA VOX. :)

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    aaronwt and TiVo_Ted like this.
  2. TiVo_Ted

TiVo_Ted Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Pleasanton,...
    This is just launching today. The offer is good at Best Buy, Amazon.com and TiVo.com. At BBY, you can walk out the door with both devices (black, grey or white) assuming they have inventory. At Amazon.com, you can buy the TiVo and get a black Echo or upgrade to wood finish Echo for $30. Via TiVo.com, we will send you a promotion code good for a free Echo via Amazon.com. In this case, you can choose white, grey or black for the Echo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wish_bgr, aaronwt, kpeters59 and 2 others like this.
  3. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks, Ted, and good to hear that this offer is good for purchases at Best Buy and Amazon.com, in addition to directly from TiVo!

TiVo_Ted likes this.
  4. ManeJon

ManeJon Member

Apr 14, 2018
    And I just bought - just before this was announced. Maybe I'll give them a call and see what I can get from them

5. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Or, if need be: 30-day return policy . . . .

6. TiVo_Ted

Oct 3, 2000
    Pleasanton,...
    Yes, we’ll take care of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdrrepair and aaronwt like this.
  7. TiVo_Ted

Oct 3, 2000
    Pleasanton,...
    No! We’ll make it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdrrepair, aaronwt and Mikeguy like this.
  8. Tylerdueden

Tylerdueden New Member

May 29, 2018

It has been a week since I purchased the 3TB & lifetime subscription from Tivo website and still, I have not received any "Code" from Tivo for an Echo.

9. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Call TiVo customer support, if you haven't yet?

10. Tylerdueden

Tylerdueden New Member

May 29, 2018
    Oh, I have. First, they said I would receive it 24-48 hrs after the purchase. Called back 3 days later and they said in another 48 hrs. Just called this morning and was told now 2-3 days after Memorial day which was yesterday.

11. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Arggh. Getting their system down?

12. just4tivo

just4tivo Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Alexa, fix the guide.

aaronwt likes this.
  13. enki

enki New Member

May 29, 2018
    Hey Tivo Ted! Question -- I purchased a brand new Tivo Roamio OTA VOX from Amazon (sold by Amazon) on 5/23. I never saw any mention of a free Echo on the site as a promotion, never got a code to redeem for it and still don't see it as an option on their site now:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HS8386/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Am I missing something or did I do something wrong? I received and activated it the next day (5/24).

Thanks!

14. Tylerdueden

Tylerdueden New Member

May 29, 2018
    Just called again. Same story.... I feel that this promotion is a bait and switch. I am packing up my 3T Bolt w/ lifetime service and sending it back. I just noticed that they dinged my CC twice for the purchase as well.

15. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Great news! The sale has been extended.

That's a joke of course. :rolleyes: Now until 6/6.

Gold star ad removed. A bit early.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  16. Micah Yoakam

Micah Yoakam New Member

Jun 7, 2018
    I bought a Roamio OTA Vox under the promo on Monday June 4 but didn't get a promo code for the free Echo. So I spoke with Customer Service on Friday and was told there was a problem with the Promo Codes not going out. I've been waiting since then as they still mention there is a problem providing the codes.

I even reminded them that the cutoff for supplying the promo codes ends today. They responded that there still is a problem with HIGH PRIORITY.

17. enki

enki New Member

May 29, 2018
    Did you buy it from Tivo directly or a third party (e.g. Amazon).

18. Micah Yoakam

Micah Yoakam New Member

Jun 7, 2018
    I bought it directly from Tivo.com. I suspect since I didn't have to activate it didn't trigger an event to send me a promo code.

19. Micah Yoakam

Micah Yoakam New Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Update: it took a while for them to get me a code but they just sent the code and I ordered the Echo.

Mikeguy likes this.
  20. avaddict

avaddict Member

Nov 23, 2014
    And this is an example of the high quality service that makes customers line up, down the street and around the corner, with their wallets open!

After a stellar performance like this, each and every one the executive staff should get a bonus this quarter!

Enrique Rodriguez
    PRESIDENT AND CEO
    Mr. Rodriguez holds a B.S. in electrical engineering from Mexico’s Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey.

Samir Armaly
    STRATEGIC IP ADVISOR
    Mr. Armaly holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Missouri-Columbia and a J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law.

Dustin Finer
    CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE AND INTERNAL OPERATIONS OFFICER
    Mr. Finer holds a B.A in Political Science from the University of California, San Diego and a J.D. from McGeorge School of Law.

Peter Halt
    CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
    Mr. Halt holds a B.S. in Business from the University of Southern California.

Sean Matthews
    EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, STRATEGY AND CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT
    Mr. Matthews holds a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder.

Arvin Patel
    EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OFFICER
    Mr. Patel has a B.A. in legal studies from the University of California, Berkeley, a doctorate in law from the California Western School of Law and has received several certifications from Harvard Law School.

Pamela A. Sergeeff
    EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, GENERAL COUNSEL AND CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER
    Ms. Sergeeff holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Los Angeles and a J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law. Ms. Sergeeff is a member of the California State Bar.

I have empathy for my fellow customers. This ain't right.

Tivo must operate with higher quality of service.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018