Free 40 gig DVR from D*

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by donivan, Jan 26, 2006.

1. donivan

donivan New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    MD
    I received this today from D* and jumped on the offer - should be ready to zipper all my units soon. Hopefully D* will share this with some other forum members.

DIRECTV(r)
    Loyalty just got you another DVR.
    Dear Michael,

Since you're one of our Best Customers, it's our privilege to provide special offers exclusively for you.

We'd like to offer you a reconditioned 40GB DIRECTV DVR from last year's inventory, for free. No strings attached. We have a limited quantity that we are making available only to our best customers and our employees.

We will continue to provide you offers such as this when opportunities arise. We want you to know that we truly appreciate your business and hope you take advantage of this incredible close-out offer.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

Offer ends 2/28/06. $14.95 shipping and handling fee applies.

Order Now
    Somebody Up There Loves You.(tm) DIRECTV(r)

Limit one per DIRECTV account, per family and per household.
    Add $4.99/month for separate programming on 2nd and each additional TV.
    The available installation appointments will be 5 days or longer from order date due to the fulfillment of the equipment.
    In certain markets, programming and pricing may vary. DVR service required. FAILURE TO ACTIVATE THE DIRECTV SYSTEM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE MAY RESULT IN A CHARGE OF $150 PER DIRECTV RECEIVER NOT ACTIVATED. DIRECTV PROGRAMMING AND PRICING SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. Receipt of DIRECTV programming is subject to the terms of the DIRECTV Customer Agreement; copy provided at DIRECTV.com and in your first bill. DIRECTV services not provided outside the U.S. ©2006 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV, the Cyclone Design logo, and Somebody up there loves you are trademarks of DIRECTV.
    We respect your privacy. Click here to read our privacy policy.
    If you'd like to contact us, please don't reply to this e-mail. Click here to contact our Customer Care team.
    If you would prefer not to receive e-mails of this type, please click here to send us an e-mail or write to DIRECTV Opt Out, 2221 Rosecrans Ave., Suite 110, El Segundo, CA 90245. You will receive one additional e-mail confirming that you have been removed from this mailing list.

2. LeVich34

LeVich34 Active Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Annandale, VA
    Just got mine. Unfortunately, they are sending an installer out and wouldnt take no for an answer. Such a waste of their time since I have all the lines run already.

3. Tivogre

Tivogre Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Springfield, VA
  4. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Being a DTV subscriber for over seven years........no such email for me.
    I guess I don't subscribe to enough stuff.

5. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    I did not get the email, but was able to order one on-line by following the link in the other post.

6. aldonunston

aldonunston New Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    Got the e-mail too, but what I really want from them (for the thousands of dollars I've spent and am committed to spend) is help with an HDTivo. No such luck though.

Call me fickle, but I'm seriously thinking of visiting my local comcast office again.

7. Markman07

Markman07 Active Member TCF Club

Jul 18, 2001
    Minnesota
    Just ordered mine!

8. islander

islander New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Woodbridge, VA
    Sounds like a string to me! :)

9. PAP

PAP Member

Oct 6, 1999
    Ohio
    Can you order more than one on this deal? I just ordered one, can I go back through and order again?

10. MikeF

MikeF New Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Falcon, CO
    No (I tried and someone else did too). It will let you go through the entire process the second time, but then when you commit the order it tells you something like, Thank you for your interest in this, but you have already participated in this offer in the last 365 days so are not eligible.

11. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I am tempted to order one on my friends accounts to see if I can activate at my house.

12. srt

srt New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    newbie = d* confused
    If I have a r10-250 and a std unit in a bedroon, would I have need for one of these? also, can I assume if I hook it up there will be another 5 a month fee?

13. codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    Yes- 5 more bucks a month. Put it in the bathroom or garage. Better yet, I'll use it if you don't want to.

14. curbside

curbside Member

Apr 29, 2005
    San...

I ordered mine online tonight with no problem. Then, I called DirecTV and canceled the installer. They had no issue with that, stating "installation is not part of the offer anyway and not required."

Just call and cancel the installer when you receive the unit.

15. donivan

donivan New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    MD
    It was a 70hr R10, not a 40gig older unit like I expected. SO no hacks on it without a prom mod. I guess I'll trade my parents for their old DVR 80 to solve that problem. I installed and activated the unit this morning and cancelled the "mandatory" install. Still a great bargain and the larger hard drive was a bonus. Let's see if we all get R10's.

16. srt

srt New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Would blu-ray dvdr make this obsolete? Keep in mind I have an h10-250 and really am in unfamiliar territory.

17. codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    Are they using west dig drives in those R10's or max's?

18. juniormaj

juniormaj New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Newbury...
    Got mine yesterday. It's an R10.

19. Finnstang

Finnstang King of the North

Sep 11, 2003
    Winterfell
    There's a poll thread here, too. Everyone should post what they get into one thread so we don't have to read three different threads to see what people are getting. BTW, I got an SD-DVR40 yesterday. :D

20. barracuda3443

barracuda3443 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    Virginia
    I read one of the other threads about this & I've not been able to get the order placed. I get all the way to the "submit order" screen & I get an error message. Would there be a reason that this offer isn't availble for anyone?

TIA

ETA: Just tried it again & I get "We are sorry, but there was a system error. Please try again later."

I've used two different credit cards & I get the same error. :thumbsdown: