Fox started early Oct. 19

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by HarleyRandom, Oct 20, 2020.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015

Advertisements

Obviously I can't warn anyone but I can post that it happened. This seems to be the only place to do so.

If you watched either of the Fox shows on Oct. 19 they started early. They really started late, but the beginning of each was cut off.

2. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    for some reason the guides (Tivo, zap2it, titantv) all said that the FOX programming after the football game was to start at 7:15 CDT but apparently nobody told FOX because they started at I think 10 after

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    So much for Filthy Rich. It's not a very good show, but I found myself watching anyway. Over the top in a 1980s Dynasty kinda way. But this was enough to make me kill the SP.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea why the beginning was cut off on two different systems (DirecTV and Comcast/TiVo).

wish_bgr and unclehonkey like this.
  4. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    It'd be nice if TiVo could double buffer shows following live events on the broadcast channels, as an option. 10 minutes early, 15 minutes after. I've had issues on other channels because of the chaotic nature of live events.

So for the two hours of shows that follow live events on broadcast channels, it'd start recording 10 minutes early and end 15 minutes late, just in case.

If broadcast channel and show's start time is within 90 minutes of a scheduled live event ending, for each show starting within that time period, begin each show 10 minutes early and end 15 minutes later.

That above, is what I wish was a recording option.