Fox News

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by geneavallon, Oct 29, 2006.

1. geneavallon

geneavallon New Member

Jan 17, 2006

Advertisements

watching fox sunday with chris wallace. must have had 15 or more audio drop outs, is this from 6.3
    gene

2. bwaldron

bwaldron New Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Brandon, FL
    No, I wouldn't think that this is 6.3 related.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    What was the source? DirecTV or OTA?

4. daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    I am having dropouts for the first time on 6.3 on all my otas. Thankfully they don't last a long time

5. Todd

Todd Gee thanks Jeremy...

Oct 7, 1999
    Coastal...

Advertisements

Why are there some people on here who refuse to blame 6.3 for these audio problems??

6. Pab Sungenis

Pab Sungenis Member

Apr 13, 2002
    Vineland, NJ
    Maybe because not all of us with 6.3 have these problems?

It sounds a lot like these problems are actually because of Fox using broken Dolby Digital, if you ask me, since it's almost only Fox networks that have these problems, and only on Dolby Digital mode.

7. geneavallon

geneavallon New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    both d and over the air from boston
    gene

8. geneavallon

geneavallon New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    light just came on. ota ball game drop outs in HD, from D chris wallace in HD drop outs, (the only show from fox on D thats in HD) fox 480 no drop outs
    gene

9. geneavallon

geneavallon New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    am watching a repeat of the wallace show on D, but this time its not hd, NO DROP OUTS, must be foxs hd
    gene

10. bwaldron

bwaldron New Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Brandon, FL
    Ummm, I have reverted back to 3.15f because of the audio problem with 6.3.

When the poster mentioned Fox News I assumed it was the SD sat channel, where the 6.3 problem shouldn't really be seen.

6.3 has problems, but not all problems are due to 6.3.

11. bwaldron

bwaldron New Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Brandon, FL
    I assumed you were watching it over the satellite when you first posted. Yes, FOX OTA has shown 6-10 sec audio dropouts with 6.3 that do not occur with 3.15.

12. Todd

Oct 7, 1999
    Coastal...
    I'm still on 3.5.1f and don't have any of these problems. Plus I've heard plenty of people claim the have the same problem on other channels. Just seems that Fox stations are the worst. 6.3 may not be causing every problems that people are seeing, but it's sure causing a lot of them.

13. Todd

Oct 7, 1999
    Coastal...
    Oh, that makes sense. The thread title did say Fox News even though it's really about Fox News Sunday on Fox. And it's even digital widescreen.

14. GadgetJunkies

GadgetJunkies Gadgets yeeessss

Sep 8, 2002
    Ohio
    I had 6.3 with audio dropouts just about everyday on Fox, ABC, NBC and CBS. I went back to 3.1 and have not had one drop out since. It's 6.3, Directv even admits it. That's why they sent me out a new HR10 with the 3.1 on it.