Fox Network - Monday, Feb. 27.

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by janry, Feb 27, 2012.

1. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN

Advertisements

Looks like the Daytona 500 will be televised tonight due to rain delays and Fox' Monday night schedule will be in turmoil.

Messes up "Alcatraz" for me.

2. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    This could cause more problems than you think. If the schedule says that House and Alcatraz are airing new episodes, and they don't air, then anybody with a House and/or Alcatraz SP needs to watch the schedule carefully, or risk having the new episodes missed because TiVo thinks they had been aired in the previous 28 days.

3. TiVotion

TiVotion Early Adoptersaurus

Dec 6, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Any word yet on when these shows will be rescheduled? I checked the Fox web site, and nada.

I actually look forward to "Alcatraz". I'd hate to miss it.

4. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    My HR21 shows House today at 5PM and Alcatraz at 6PM.. Not sure if its legit or an error?

5. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN

Advertisements

Not really! That's why I used the word "turmoil". :D

6. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Looks like Daytona is airing at 7 PM EST. As such there's no way House or Alcatraz could air tonight (at least not on the East coast) so I guess they'll get bumped.

7. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Not sure why my DVR resheduled them for 5 and 6.

8. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Dunno either, but in my area the news is on then.

9. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Fox has the right to bump any local affiliates programming don't they?

10. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    I suppose so, but I've never heard of them bumping primetime shows back to an earlier time (not to mention no one would know to watch them). My guess is that if the Daytona isn't rained out again, they'll simply skip House and Alcatraz this week.

Zap2It (which is owned by Tribune) still shows House airing at 8 and Alcatraz airing at 9, so it doesn't look like Fox has sent out a new schedule yet. Even Fox's own web site hasn't been updated.

11. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Do they appear at those times in the schedule?

It doesn't make much sense to air new episodes of shows at times when nobody is expecting to see them. The only problem might be, House is supposed to start a month-long hiatus next week, which means that Fox was expecting not to air any repeats before the series finale in May, and there would be no openings in the schedule that would allow any episodes to be pushed back a week, so they feel they have to air it tonight. (If this is the case, I also assume Fox figures the race will end early enough out west so Fox can air it after the race.)

12. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    That is odd but just in case, I just went to TiVo's website and scheduled one of my TiVo's to record the programs on for the hour between 5 and 6 (central). I just checked the Fox website and they still show the normal schedule but I'll check later to see if they put up any kind of notice.

13. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I see the problem. For some reason my DVR is in pacific time and I'm in Eastern..

14. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Sorry about the erroneous information. My DVR was on the fritz and I had to reboot it.

15. TonyB

TonyB New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Fort Worth, TX
    There is a two hour block of Kitchen Nightmares this Friday. Their best bet is to bump that and move tonight's shows in its place.

16. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    all this for Nascar? I guess I see why some olks are PO'ed when football screws up programming.

17. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The problem is, nobody is expecting to see them on Friday, so unless they happen to watch other Fox shows and see the commercials, or Fox runs a crawl at exactly 8 and 9 PM Eastern that the shows will air on Friday, chances are a lot of people will miss the episodes - not a good thing for shows like House and Alcatraz where not watching them in order could cause problems.

(My guess: they will air House next week, in place of one of the two Alcatraz episodes they had planned to air, then push the remaining Alcatraz episodes back, even if it means airing the season finale in early June.)

Note that Titan has updated its online listing for KTVU (San Francisco's Fox affiliate); it now shows that the race coverage runs from 4 to 8:30 Pacific, with local programming following it.

18. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    It'll be hilarious if it rains again right before the race is scheduled to start.

19. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    I was just thinking that myself. Race gets set back again, fox plays their original programming and nothing gets recorded.

20. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    The Weather Channel website hourly forecast for Daytona beach shows a 55-60% chance of of rain during the race so even if they get it started, it may not finish tonight, or it could be a shortened race.