Fox Fall 2020 Schedule

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by That Don Guy, May 11, 2020.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Since there's a thread for CBS's fall 2020 schedule, I thought I would do one for Fox.

Press Release from Fox

I noticed a few strange things:

There are no live-action comedies on the fall schedule. Then again, with Thursdays occupied by the NFL and Fridays by the WWE (and Saturdays by college football, although when was the last time Fox aired new episodes of a scripted show (besides America's Most Wanted, if you want to count that as "scripted") that wasn't being burned off on Saturdays?), where is there room for them?

Speaking of live-action comedies, Fox did list Call Me Kat for midseason, but left out any mention of Last Man Standing and Outmatched; however, I have not heard any news that either of these have "officially" not been renewed.
    Dramas Prodigal Son and The Resident are also on the "not mentioned, but not officially not renewed either" list.

Also, Hell's Kitchen and Duncanville are listed as "returning in 2021-22." Duncanville, I can understand, as Fox has two new animated shows ready for midseason and really, really does not want to put new episodes of anything in its Sunday 7-8 timeslot during football season. I am assuming Hell's Kitchen's delay has something to do with social distancing - either they don't want the chefs too close together, or they don't think they can handle seating people for the dinner services safely. (It could also be because they don't want to offer a job as a chef at a time when restaurants are closing, but I don't think that's the primary reason; besides, they could always just offer the cash prize instead.)

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Glad to see the 911 shows will return. I really like both of them.

Over all, it's going to be a weird season as I doubt many shows will be able to film.

3. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    They have "sports" scheduled for 3 straight nights, amid this time where there are no sports at all. Very optimistic of them. There's always Simpson reruns, I guess.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The only Fox show I think I watch now is Family Guy.

5. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    WWE Smackdown is currently making new episodes.

Fox's first Thursday night NFL game is scheduled for 10/8; I expect the NFL to have started up by then.

Even if college football doesn't start on time - and I expect it to, although Fox may have to scramble a little to find a game to show - Fox would probably fill the time with "instant repeats" of two of its new dramas.

6. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    "L.A.'s FINEST" with Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union is a Spectrum cable on demand show.

7. orangemo

orangemo New Member

May 15, 2020
    Ah I've seen you on nohomers plenty of times Don Guy.

As for Fox's fall lineup, it's pretty solid overall. It was smart of them to holdover Next and Filthy Rich, and I'll definitely check out Next this fall. I'll also be watching Cosmos, as that was scheduled to be on Fox last year anyways and I loved the previous one they did on Fox as well. There are some discrepancies on Duncanville reports as some say Spring 2021 or Fall 2021, so either Fox will renew Duncanville for a third season and air a 11 episode second season, or hold over everything for Fall 2021, and if the show gets cancelled after that, they won't need to produce anymore episodes. Likely I'm gonna say the latter because I think Fox also might want to get Housebroken ready for a Spring 2021 debut. Also as well, I read in a press release that Fox might add another animation night because the animation is especially successful in streaming. I wonder if they will ever get the 10pm hour soon because they usually give these to their affiliates but with the increase in popular programming, they might want to do it in the future. As for animated show renewals, they always better make quick decisions. If the second animation block becomes a thing, I could see Friday's open up for them and Fox could also reduce WWE.

As for comedies, if Outmatched is renewed, you bet I'll be watching that. Last Man Standing and Resident are guaranteed renewal for the winter.

So the winter/spring schedule could end up like this

Sunday
    8pm - Simpsons
    9:30pm - Family Guy
    Fox will move the rest around depending on what comes this winter/spring

Monday
    8pm - 9-1-1
    9pm - 9-1-1: Lone Star

Tuesday
    8pm - LA's Finest (they also got season 2 rights from sony)
    9pm - The Resident (Fox said this show was guaranteed a renewal for winter)

Wednesday
    8pm - The Masked Singer
    9pm - LEGO Masters (Fox said this show was guaranteed a renewal for winter)

Thursday
    8pm - Last Man Standing (Fox said this show was guaranteed a renewal for winter)
    8:30pm - Call Me Kat
    9pm - Prodigal Son

Friday
    8pm - Likely WWE

Saturday
    Not sure usually they do sports