FOX Benches Prison Break

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TIVO_GUY_HERE, Oct 28, 2005.

1. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas

Advertisements

From TV GUIDE.com

Prison Break is once again getting furloughed by Fox. In a November-sweeps press release issued Thursday, Fox referred to the show's Nov. 28 episode as its "fall finale," but gave no indication as to when it would be back. Adding to the mystery: A network rep would only say that Prison's remaining nine episodes would air at a "later date." As previously reported, 24 assumes Prison's Monday-9 pm time slot in early January. (Damn you, 24! Oh, wait — I like 24. Damn you, um, er, um, War at Home!)

ok someone has to say it

BURN IN HELL FOX

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

I thought this show was doing pretty well. Whats the reasoning of not showing it in December?

3. bentleyml

bentleyml Unregistered User

May 21, 2003
    Moore...
    Man thats just messed up. Again Fox makes bad decisions.

4. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    It got me to thinking...

I thought I read on this board that Fox picked it up for a full season? Also the fact that it is showing during Nov. Sweeps is promising. If I remember from previous seasons, December is pretty much taken over by holiday specials, and January being the month before the Feb Sweeps period might not be as important to the networks per say.
    Also with winter olympics showing on NBC in Feb. they might hold it back.

5. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005

Advertisements

What are the ratings for this show?

6. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    So we get a few more episodes then we are SOL for a few months? Ugh...

7. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Jesus.. here we go again. Nothing is worse than getting invested in a show and then crap like this happening. Same thing happened with Boston Legal to a lesser extent.

Fox sucks.

8. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Might just have to start tivo'ing and ttg'ing all the shows to the computer and wait til the season ends or something.

9. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    Didn't the same thing happen to Reunion because of baseball?

With a show named "Prison Break" don't you think it would be over once they break out?

10. SR2

SR2 New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    If it is a case where they end this part of the show (ie, resolve the escape issue) with the original episodes, I'd have no problem. Just start a new arc in January. That would make sense.

I would not be a fan of breaking it off mid-arc.

What do the original episodes take us to? Is it possible the end in November, and get through the escape?

I can't imagine they would not resolve this one, then either move on to a new escape or follow the characters outside prison to resolve the whole murder thing.

As discussed before, this is not Lost or 24, where you can come up with a new adventure every season. There are only so many stories you can come up with in the prison before it turns into a parody of itself. Or, drama/parody of Gilligan's Island, starring T-Bag as the "little buddy" who keeps screwing up the escapes.

11. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I've actually been sort of expecting this and have been wondering if it would really happen. Most shows on ALL networks usually disappear in December: networks don't want to waste unaired shows when they think their viewers are either out Xmas shopping or out at one of the multiple holiday parties we seem to get obligated, er, "invited" to go to every year. And since it's already been said that "24" would be replacing "Prison Break" in January, this seemed inevitable.

12. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    The writers gave the network 2 full seasons of scripts, so the network knows where the story is heading for at least 2 years of 22 episodes.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Exactly. I don't think FOX has lost faith in the show at all. I'm sure they've always planned on benching the show in December as is the case with nearly every other show. The only problem is that Fox has already committed the Prison Break timeslot to 24 after the first of the year so they have to figure out where it's going to go and they haven't decided that yet. It's not a question of IF the show will be back, and I doubt it's even a question of WHEN. The only real issue that Fox still has to work out is WHERE (in the schedule) it would be most beneficial.

14. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I knew I should have just been queuing them up in case this happened. I only started watching when I downloaded the first 2 hrs via bittorrent when there was nothing to watch in August.
    If they're going to stop it before the breakout, I'm not watching. From now on I'll just queue them up and check here to see if the 28th is a payoff or just jerking us around.

If they don't at least finish the thread, I feel sorry for "John Doe", he got screwed ( like we did ) last time too.

15. ToddAtl

ToddAtl New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I guess the real issue is where in the schedule it will come back. Theres no question 24 will start in its timeslot come January and will take up the slot until almost summer. So they either have to wait to cancel another hour long drama (Reunion perhaps?) and let Prison Break anchor another night or perhaps move or (and I shudder to think it) cancel AD and Kitchen Confidential and let Prison break be the lead in for 24...

16. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

I thought House was already set to be the lead in for 24.

17. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    The show will be back it was fox screwing up as usuall. They has no faith in the show at first and put 24 in its time slot in january. I am sure once fox cancels a few other shows they will have a new time slot for prison break. I am not worried in the least this has been expected by me atleast.

18. jmoney48

jmoney48 New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    as long as it never gets cancelled... im happy :D

19. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Please tell me this is an early April fools joke? Well it's not April but Fox exec's are FOOLS! :mad:

20. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    November 28th is Prison Break's 13th show this year. That's way ahead of most shows. If they were to air it normally, it would end sometime in February or March.

I think Prison Break is doing better than they expected. And like was said above, this had to happen.

You are either going to have it end in March and take 6-7 months before the next season, or they are going to have to break it up and end it in May.

-smak-