Fox and CBS comedies 2/20/20 removed after early Tivo connection

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by chrishicks, Feb 20, 2020.

1. chrishicks

chrishicks Tivo Junkie

Dec 30, 2003
    MI
    My Tivo made a connection a few hours ago(10:50am Eastern) and it removed scheduled recordings for Last Man Standing on Fox and Young Sheldon and The Unicorn on CBS. There may be others on other networks that I'm not aware of that I don't record. These were all previously showing as recording this morning around 8am when I checked then. Forcing another connection at 2:30pm has started to fill in the missing shows however.

Note: Recordings for other shows on these 2 networks were still showing as recording(Outmatched, Mom, The Deputy). All shows even those that were removed all show as New with OAD of today.

Also, I've noticed another Tivo oddity. When I browse the guide Brooklyn Nine-Nine for example doesn't have a check mark next to it for a scheduled recording yet it is showing in my TDL as scheduled.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    My update for today was 8:20am (Pacific) and it looks like everything is still there and set to record.

I swear, they must have a 'how to screw up the guide data' department over there at Rovi because it's always something. It seemed like it calmed down for a while and lately there have been a lot of screw ups again.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Here's what I have observed over the last few weeks. There are three types of guide updates and I doubt they are finished messing with the guide.

Old: System Information: Program Information To: m/d (current is 3/2)
    Guide data ends on m/d+1 at 1pm (TE4 is TNA for 48 hours)

Bad: SI: PIT: m/d
    Guide data ends at 7pm on m/d, TBA to 11:30pm

New: SI: PIT: m/d
    Guide data ends on m/d+1 at 7pm, TBA to 11:30pm. TE4 has TNA for 2 more days.

Today, with my updates before 9am EST is: bad. If there is no data, then it's really bad. Expecting good information past 8 days is not suggested.

4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I was seeing this all over the place. Updates didn’t fix it. I flushed the guide and todo list and the download came down clean.

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    They (TiVo) are still changing the guide. Four updates today, all around noon.
    R1 = PIT = 3/4, EOD and EOG 3/4 at noon.
    R2 = PIT = 3/5, EOD and EOG 3/6 at noon
    R3 = PIT = 3/5, EOD and EOG 3/7 at 11am (TE4)
    R4 = PIT = 3/5, EOD and EOG 3/5 at noon
    R1 has a different schedule from the others. TE4 guide has always has two days of TBA or TNA. Except for the changes from last month, today is very good, with late night extending all week. If I didn't know the history, I would be very happy.

6. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD

Not sure what this has to do with missing data for today or tomorrow. The thread was about missing data from the same day, not the week out stuff.

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I was bored. :(

TonyD79 and kpeters59 like this.