Four minute delay before channel change?!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by JNLister, Jan 30, 2006.

1. JNLister

JNLister New Member

May 21, 2002
    A small proportion of my recent recordings (Sky via Scart, IR blaster) have had the channel change not kick in for about 30 seconds, rather than the usual 1 second or so. It's the signal not being sent to the digibox, rather than a slow change by the box.

Today one show had a four minute delay before the change.

Nobody has been present for these recordings, so it's not someone noticing a missed change and correcting it.

Any ideas?

2. 6022tivo

6022tivo A Happy Member

Oct 29, 2002
    North West, UK
    If the tivo can detect IR, it will delay the channel change..

Have you got a stuck remote down a chair, or a digi camera with IR, or something like that new around??

3. johala_reewi

johala_reewi New Member

Oct 30, 2002
    Southampton UK
    Had the same problem myself last week. Traced fault to wireless IR extender which was somehow picking up stray RF and flooding the room with IR. Had to reduce the sensitivity of the IR receiver and then TIVO was fine.

4. Ian_m

Ian_m Active Member

Jan 9, 2001
    Southampton,...
    Four minute delay, thats luxury...when I were a lad and first got my video sender (2002) I dreamed of four minute delays....I had issues with the video extender floodding IR and was sometimes getting 25 minutes to change channel. This is of course a real pain on a 30minute programme :(

5. randap

randap Only a TiVo will do.

Jan 21, 2003
    Nottingham
    I had exactly the same problem. I found that my IR extender was sending spurious IR and blocking the change, but it wasn't just the TiVo that was pausing, it was the Sky box. Covering the Sky IR receiver worked as well as unplugging the IR extender (obviously while using a PaceLink rf2link to send channel change requests).

6. Wonder_lander

Wonder_lander Image Bank Manager

Jan 13, 2003
    Staffordshir...
    I had the same problem with my laptops infrared port too!