Four Discovery HD Channels, Five Starz HD Channels, CNBC and Chiller HD

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by newsposter, May 23, 2007.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1006125&highlight=

Under the agreement with Discovery Communications, DIRECTV will launch four simulcasts - Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet and The Science Channel - and two other channels to be named and launched by Discovery at a later date. The HD feeds of the four existing networks will launch in September.

DIRECTV also has an agreement in place with Starz to launch three new HD movie channels: Starz Edge, Starz Comedy and Starz Kids & Family, as well as Starz's East and West coast HD feeds. The new Starz HD channels, featuring first-run hit movies, and the Starz East and West HD channels, will also launch in September.

2. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    Hmm, I wonder when I should start angling for the free HR20?

3. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    or getting a start on my neighbors tree with a chainsaw :)

4. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    I'm not expecting a lot of HD content. Do we really expect Chiller, a network not really known for deep pockets, to re-telecine all of those old Alfred Hitchcock shows? Maybe in 2015, when everything else is in HD.

5. Hersheytx

Hersheytx New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Dallas

Advertisements

SCI-FI!!!
    I just wonder what all those people who went to Cable are thinking now. Gee maybe they will add all those HD feeds. I think not. Get ready for a bunch of people deciding to come back after they see the growing list coming to Directv.
    I think I will finally put Stars back on my bill. Now to figure out how to get a second HD DVR installed for all the stuff I want to record.

6. bonscott87

bonscott87 Done.

Oct 3, 2000
    Well, we gotta get that satellite in orbit first. And tested. And running before you can gloat just yet.
    But it sure looks promising. :D