Found Inauguration Checked to Record on ABC But Not By Me

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Yodlei, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Yodlei

Yodlei Yodlei

Feb 22, 2019
    Illinois

Advertisements

Wasn't sure if should post here or the TV show section & saw rules about politics but I'm not discussing politics...just an issue with a recording. I'm in Chicago suburbs with a 4 Tuner Roamio OTA on TE4.

While setting up next week's shows to record, I found the Inauguration at 7pm (central) on ABC checked to record & not by me. I went in to cancel it & doesn't show the option to cancel...only to record (which shouldn't show since it's checked already). I'm sure it's a glitch but curious if this is by Tivo, the Network or??? Haven't heard back from Sister yet who has Comcast to see if she sees anything.

It won't clash with anything & if it records I will wipe it out after the fact but just an FYI & never saw that before.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Found where? In the Guide or To Do List? Have you tried clearing it from the To Do List?

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's in my guide on ABC at 8pm EST, but not set to record.

4. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Please post screenshot of something set to record but unable to be canceled.

It’s likely you’re just not seeing something.

5. rpj22

rpj22 Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    SoCal

Advertisements

I had set a recording for a different time and day on ABC that was shown in the guide as "To Be Announced." (I just set it as a reminder until the guide was updated.) When the inauguration coverage first showed up in the guide, it was also listed as "To Be Announced" and I wound up with a recording scheduled from 4AM to 3PM. The scheduled recording deleted with no problem, though.

6. Yodlei

Yodlei Yodlei

Feb 22, 2019
    Illinois
    Sorry for the delay & incomplete info & thanks for the replies. Was found in the Guide. Didn't think about checking the To Do List at the time (Duh!) but it wasn't listed there. BUT..while in the To Do list this morning, figured out what happened. Probably already had some shows set to record while adding more yesterday. Found The Goldbergs & American Housewife in the To Do list under that same time frame but showing as reruns so the program change must have caused this as I would've only scheduled to record if they were new. Also see duplicate for Call Your Mother & the new one was originally set to record at 8:30 & was moved to 9:30 & the old one stuck (again during the Inauguration time frame). I cancelled the Goldbergs, AH & the CYM rerun & the check under the Inauguration went away. Still, there have been program changes in the past & never had this happen before.