Forum searching and a question

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bltkmt, Aug 8, 2007.

1. bltkmt

bltkmt Member

Apr 27, 2003
    CT
    Two questions please:

1. I have two Series 2 boxes and am looking at getting a TivoHD as well. We currently frequently transfer shows between the two S2 boxes...will we be able to do that to/from the HD box as well? What would happen if you transferred an HD show to the S2 box?

2. I imagine someone will come back and say I should have searched the forums first before asking...I did but did not find anything on topic. If one of you experts were to search on this exact question, how would you do it precisely? Just to give me to searching tips for next time.

Thanks in advance.

2. dbenrosen

dbenrosen New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    New Jersey
    Currently, you cannot transfer shows between any of the HD boxes (Series 3 or TiVoHD) and any other box, or between them. In other words, there is no MRV or TTG with the HD boxes. There was an announcement that there would be some, possibly limited, MRV and/or TTG before the end of the year, but nothing definitive.

There are numerous threads discussing this, as you surmised. I would think a search for MRV, multi-room viewing, or TTG, Tivo to go and Series 3 or TivoHD would match something.

3. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    "S3 tivotogo" will give you 334 threads to chose from

4. drcos

drcos HD where available

Jul 20, 2001
    Venice FL
    Make sure in 'advanced search' to Show Results as Posts, not threads, unless you like sorting through thousands of posts...

5. legendarybc

legendarybc SDV is FUBAR'ed

Dec 17, 2006
    North Canton OH