Forensic Files II

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JFriday, Feb 24, 2020.

1. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Glad this show is back. The original was one of my favorites. The original voice over guy Peter Thomas passed away, he definitely was a big part of the show and I miss his voice. Hopefully I'll get used to the new guy but he sounds really boring.

Donbadabon, sharkster and bruab like this.
  2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I have it scheduled but I, too, will dearly miss Peter Thomas. He was one in a million. A few years ago I found this amazing interview with him and, although it's a bit long, it was very interesting. He was a really good guy all around and, although it goes without saying, an incredible narrator.

3. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    So happy they are making new episodes, but the new narrator is not very good.
    Peter Thomas had this soothing nondescript and perfect voice for the job.
    The new guy's voice is kindof affected in a weird way.

4. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    The original show is like a warm/comfortable blanket for me. Whenever I have trouble falling asleep I just turn on an episode and THAT voice lulls me into a peaceful sleep.

I've seen every episode several times over but I never get tired of watching/listening to any episode.

sharkster likes this.
  5. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yes! :) If nothing else for me, I love hearing PT's narration. One of the few good things about losing my memory is that, even though I've seen the episodes numerous times, I seldom remember how it ends up so I can just keep watching like I haven't seen it before. :D

6. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Last night I started to watch one of the two episodes recorded and, immediately, I didn't care for the new voice at all. I will tune into it, and the other ep, again but I was sorely disappointed. I knew it wouldn't be the magic of Thomas but I think I expected more than I got.

7. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought maybe he was trying to use Peter Thomas's style and was failing miserably.